JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So that was... lock, load, store, unload then fire..
Wait..load, unload, lock, store then fire..
Damnit I'll never figure this out. Help me obi levo!

Stormtrooper_Hero.png

When and how do they determine if you are a threat to yourself or society at large? that too is required but yet to be determined exactly HOW.

I know we're only going in circles here until the 2023 legislation sessions finished.
It won't be in writing, but in Multnomah Co., if you show up in a pickup, you are a threat to yourself or society at large; if you show up in a minivan or an electric car, you are not.

I just took the safety course and purchase permit online. I have the certification & purchase permit in my hands. I just printed it out.
The cost was $60
I also donated $30 to OSSA
Total cost was $90. It is done.
I don't like it, but I do buy and sell firearms. Done.

I do have a CHL.
OR St. Sheriff's Assn website says: "In addition to this course, in order to obtain a permit to purchase a firearm, you must also obtain a separate certificate that you have completed an in-person demonstration as required by Measure 114." Do you have that?

OR St. Sheriff's Assn website says: "In addition to this course, in order to obtain a permit to purchase a firearm, you must also obtain a separate certificate that you have completed an in-person demonstration as required by Measure 114." Do you have that?
and then after that you have to apply for the permit to purchase, which they have 30 days to respond or grant such. Then you still need to go through the background check process, and there is NO timeline for the completion of that, could be 30 days, 120 days etc. No more 3 day transfer.

I'm surprised that "lock, load, and fire" isn't followed with "Get to da choppa"!

How about showing up to the training with a Hillary Holed S&W? "There, now that the action is locked I am physically prevented from loading and firing the firearm".
Show up to the class with a 50bmg or 8in .308

It won't be in writing, but in Multnomah Co., if you show up in a pickup, you are a threat to yourself or society at large; if you show up in a minivan or an electric car, you are not.
I drive a Bronco. They're not going to know what to do with that.
But then again, I wouldn't buy squat in Multnomah.

Right? And itll be real hard not to say something funny when a 30 yr old cop asks me to demonstrate my firearm handling and not say, "Son, Ive been doing this since you were just an itch in your Daddy's pants"...lol!
Most respectfully, generally the worst safety violations and unsafe gun handling I have witnessed over the years begins with the person saying something like, "I've been shooting since I was eight (or some other age long ago)." Complacency kills. New gun owners are teachable generally. Older ones, not so much.

Sheriffs department already has the course available online: https://oregonchl.org/purchase-permit-online-course-gateway/. IF you already have a CHL.
However, who wants to get registered with the state since the policy advocates have been so honest and the SOS office has been so correct, moral, upstanding and honorable with this matter. And, there is no effort to treat law abiding gun owners as criminals. We can trust these people and their intentions!!!!

I envy you guys in eastern Oregon, In multnomah county where I live it is currently a 3 month wait to see the sheriff to get your CHL. Now that every citizen has to visit the sheriff to get a firearm permit I can only guess that 3 month wait is now a 6 month wait, possibly much longer just to get the permit. Then once you get the permit you get to enter the background check queu and wait another 30+ days. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if starting December 8th it takes you a year to acquire a firearm if you live in multnomah county.

I envy you guys in eastern Oregon, In multnomah county where I live it is currently a 3 month wait to see the sheriff to get your CHL. Now that every citizen has to visit the sheriff to get a firearm permit I can only guess that 3 month wait is now a 6 month wait, possibly much longer just to get the permit. Then once you get the permit you get to enter the background check queu and wait another 30+ days. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if starting December 8th it takes you a year to acquire a firearm if you live in multnomah county.
Multtnomah county voters that supported 114 were so smart! They should be prohibited from owning guns so they can rely on the police!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads