JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NRA-ILA files lawsuit on the permit portion of 114 along with NSSF:

NRA-ILA files lawsuit on the permit portion of 114 along with NSSF:
I don't see NRA listed anywhere in the lawsuit. "NRA backed". Typical. That's why they no longer get my money. I'm sure they'll take credit if any of the pending lawsuits result in a TRO though.

images (2).jpeg

Just a summary:

As of Dec 1 there are THREE suits against some or all of M114:

OFF v Brown, https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23317592/ecf-5-motion-for-preliminary-injunction.pdf

SAF/FPC "Fitz" v Rosenblum,
Eyre et al v Rosenblum, https://t.co/RyZmfpJINp (This is the NRA-associated suit, and has the first 'name' litigator, Paul Clement.)

Both OFF and Fitz have been assigned to Judge Immergut. ETA Both of those requests for TRO will be heard tomorrow at 10 am in front of Judge Immergut (per Rob Romano @2Aupdates on Twitter)

ETA - the hearing is in Courtroom 13A,
Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse
1000 S.W. Third Ave.
Portland, OR 97204

I don't see where it might be streamed for us to watch/listen on line.

Rob also posted
Plaintiffs in NYSRPA v. Bruen ask the district court judge to award them $1,269,232.13 in attorney's fees and costs, with more than $1 million of that being for Kirkland & Ellis' work at the Supreme Court.
Gonna have to squeeze those nickels until the buffalo groan.

Last Edited:
Interesting comment on the tweet:

Replying to
@2Aupdates
and
@NSSF
Oh bubblegum. Paul Clement's involved? This law is going down HARD. Paul is one of the best 2A lawyers in the country.

So, looked the guy up. He's a heavy hitter.

"In September 2020, Clement joined the list of President Donald Trump's potential Supreme Court candidates.

In June 2022, following his clients' Supreme Court victory in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, Inc. v. Bruen, Clement separated from Kirkland & Ellis, after the firm announced it would "no longer handle Second Amendment litigation".[23] Subsequently, Clement opened a boutique law firm, Clement & Murphy PLLC, with Erin Murphy, another former partner at Kirkland & Ellis."

Once again, the Local Oregon News Media is miss reporting on this issue, one of channel 2s so called "Experts" stated that the Bruen standard does not apply in 114 litigation, he stated "SCOTUS rulings ONLY effect the named parties, and are not binding across the land!" I already sent a email informing them of this falsehood and demand a correction!
I ask that everyone here flood their emails demanding a retraction and correction of this, let's make them squeal like the filthy liers they are!

Currently there are 3 lawsuits filed and pending. All are asking for injunctive relief.

1. OFF has filed and mostly seems to be addressing the magazine ban. GOA has filed an amicus brief.

2. FPC and SAF have filed a second lawsuit which again concentrates on the magazine ban.

3. NRA is backing NSSF and OSSA in a third lawsuit which goes after the permitting system as a "may issue" scheme.

You can read all of these filings at the links included and judge for yourself the merits of each lawsuit. I think M114 and the Oregon AG are in deep sewage.

Is this funny! Do I understand this correctly? OFF, FPC, SAF, and the NRA-ILA are suiting Oregon and will collect damages and attorney fees? oops! did someone made a mistake with the contents of the ballot measure?

Last Edited:
It looks like SMF has also filed an amicus with the OFF suit and Pete Serrano from SMF will be assisting with oral arguments tomorrow morning. (Dec 2nd)

I find it odd that only the NRA is focusing on the permission slip. I find asking for permission to buy a gun way worse than a capacity limit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top