JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
About 15 years ago the Statesman-Urinal ran a story about some "activist" who moved here from the E. coast and settled in W. Salem. She was lobbying to officially change the pronunciation of the state's name because she didn't like hearing the natives say "Or-ee-gun." "I hate guns," she said.
I hope someone sent the boys over to her house to take care of the problem. (j/k)

If the Democratic Party in Oregon ran the same old-school type of people that wanted to improve conditions for the majority of the citizens of the State, instead of radicals that want to destroy things, things wouldn't be so bad.
When it comes to radicalism at the Oregon Capital, the Repub's like Rep Nearman have a solid lock on that label:

ttps://www.statesmanjournal.com/picture-gallery/news/politics/2020/12/21/photos-protesters-attempt-force-their-way-into-oregon-state-capitol/3995267001/

When it comes to radicalism at the Oregon Capital, the Repub's like Rep Nearman have a solid lock on that label:

ttps://www.statesmanjournal.com/picture-gallery/news/politics/2020/12/21/photos-protesters-attempt-force-their-way-into-oregon-state-capitol/3995267001/
You seem to misunderstand. I was pointing out that both parties have changed, and not for the better. I don't defend either one. The tone of your reply doesn't reflect objectivity, so as far as I am concerned, the discussion is over.

Where was Nearman in the article?

Where was Nearman in the article?
They didn't mention him in the article, as when it was written the news didn't realize that Nearman had opened a door for the protestors.

Nearman was a bit dense in just walking outside the door, looping around the front and coming back in. If he was a bit smarter he would have left something important in his car and gone to it on his walk. Then he had at least something to explain why he went out the door beyond a short loop around the capital.

I do hope he runs again, just for the sheer entertainment value. I could see him getting elected again based on how the district is drawn.

Saw this today. Is this something new or just an article rehashing old stuff?

That's pretty new. It came from an amicus brief that OSP submitted in the federal case and came to light in the progress conference on the 9th.

I'm not entirely sure what direct impact it has... other than likely to delay application processing and possibly cost the taxpayers more money since the application fee for applicants is capped in the measure.(?)

Not entirely sure, myself.

The Oregon Supreme Court denied a petition filed by the state that had asked the Court to vacate preliminary orders challenging Ballot Measure 114. All of the measure is still on hold.

Did i miss if there is a date for the official court hearing of this measure?
Not yet. Federal court... a hearing is anticipated "maybe" some time in June (if the new, new schedule remains unchanged). State court... the permit to purchase and revisiting the 3day safeguard portions "may" have a hearing sometime in mid to late March. The mag ban... TBD.

As @Nick Burkhardt said... as of now... everthing is still stayed.

Not yet. Federal court... a hearing is anticipated "maybe" some time in June (if the new, new schedule remains unchanged). State court... the permit to purchase and revisiting the 3day safeguard portions "may" have a hearing sometime in mid to late March. The mag ban... TBD.

As @Nick Burkhardt said... as of now... everthing is still stayed.
Thank you. Funny that the federal court would still want to hear it. I would think this would be dismissed or at least held in abeyance until the state court finishes. Having said that, the feds want as much control as it can get and wouldn't miss an opportunity to tighten the noose. Going to get even more ridiculous if both courts continue to go in two different directions.

Thank you. Funny that the federal court would still want to hear it. I would think this would be dismissed or at least held in abeyance until the state court finishes. Having said that, the feds want as much control as it can get and wouldn't miss an opportunity to tighten the noose. Going to get even more ridiculous if both courts continue to go in two different directions.
Well... it shouldn't come as any suprise. The state officials and fed courts open comments have been very clear about the fact that they think the state judge is nothing more than a mere nuisance and shouldn't even have any authority to interfere with state matters. It's above his pay grade... and berating Judge Raschio as a back water extremist judge perversing the law and completely out of touch with the issues that face "Oregonians".

In the same breath as "they" are the ones ignoring legal precedents, violating their oaths of office and attempting to violate inalienable rights of the people to acheive their tyrannical ends.

Well... it shouldn't come as any suprise. The state officials and fed courts open comments have been very clear about the fact that they think the state judge is nothing more than a mere nuisance and shouldn't even have any authority to interfere with state matters. It's above his pay grade... and berating Judge Raschio as a back water extremist judge perversing the law and completely out of touch with the issues that face "Oregonians".

In the same breath as "they" are the ones ignoring legal precedents, violating their oaths of office and attempting to violate inalienable rights of the people to acheive their tyrannical ends.
Agreed. What do we peons know?

4vujtqbrbvia1.jpg
The last of my mags should be delivered in a few days.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top