JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know people are tired of measure 114 post as am I but until this thing is completely over with I would like to stay up to date. As of right now December 28th what is the purpose of the next hearing? To my understanding it will be about the 10 round magazines and the " loophole". Does OSP have everything together for the " permit to purchase" to go into effect on January 3nd or are they going to request more time and give us another 30 days? The judge said he would make his ruling by January 3nd 5pm I'm just curious what the likely hood is that they grant another extension on the permits.

The Jan 3rd ruling is suppose to be about whether the 3 day rule release ban should be separated from the other issues and allowed to go into effect. I am hoping the Judge rules to keep it together as a package.

The Jan 3rd ruling is suppose to be about whether the 3 day rule release ban should be separated from the other issues and allowed to go into effect. I am hoping the Judge rules to keep it together as a package.
That was my initial thought. But unless you are going to extend the permit to purchase for another 30 days or indefinitely would the 3 day rule really matter? If they are going to put people who are in the que on a freeze and not release their firearms. It basically voids the 3 day rule once the permit to purchase goes into effect. So the only reason I can think why they want that blocked the 3 day rule is if they are going to extend the permit. As of right now what is the date that the permit to purchase is suppose to take effect?

That was my initial thought. But unless you are going to extend the permit to purchase for another 30 days or indefinitely would the 3 day rule really matter? If they are going to put people who are in the que on a freeze and not release their firearms. It basically voids the 3 day rule once the permit to purchase goes into effect. So the only reason I can think why they want that blocked the 3 day rule is if they are going to extend the permit. As of right now what is the date that the permit to purchase is suppose to take effect?
permit to purchase has been put off until March 7th

permit to purchase has been put off until March 7th
Really?! Interesting I do try to keep but I feel like I always miss something. So in that case it would make sense why they are trying to close the 3 day rule but OSP is so backed up those FFLs are doing a service for the community! Hats off to anybody releasing them after 3 days specially if OSP is purposefully slowing down background checks.

I know people are tired of measure 114 post as am I but until this thing is completely over with I would like to stay up to date. As of right now December 28th what is the purpose of the next hearing? To my understanding it will be about the 10 round magazines and the " loophole". Does OSP have everything together for the " permit to purchase" to go into effect on January 3nd or are they going to request more time and give us another 30 days? The judge said he would make his ruling by January 3nd 5pm I'm just curious what the likely hood is that they grant another extension on the permits.
Best way to stay up to date is to read the dozens and dozens of posts/threads on the matter that are part of this forum. I know it can be onerous as there are a lot of related threads....but threads started like this just add to the overall mash of so many threads directly related to this issue. All the questions you raised have been addressed in previous posts/threads.

Best way to stay up to date is to read the dozens and dozens of posts/threads on the matter that are part of this forum. I know it can be onerous as there are a lot of related threads....but threads started like this just add to the overall mash of so many threads directly related to this issue. All the questions you raised have been addressed in previous posts/threads.
Exactly!!!

Unfortunately I do not have the time to sift through every thread. I just wanted a direct answer my intent was not to create another thread with a thousand post or even multiple pages. I appreciate the responses

Unfortunately I do not have the time to sift through every thread. I just wanted a direct answer my intent was not to create another thread with a thousand post or even multiple pages. I appreciate the responses
I don't know you and I'll presume you are seeking legitimate answers to this information. To the point of others and just as a suggestion, a question like this could have been asked in one of the existing threads and likely would have received an answer without starting yet another one. When you start by saying you don't have time read through everything, your OP comes across as entitled. I'm sure this was not your intention.

We all are having challenges keeping up with the threads and information and yet another thread adds to the frustration for many. I'm sure the Mods struggle with the concept of merging threads and appear to be trying to avoid this as some have different emphasis.

Trying to offer some gentle advice as we are on the same team.

@Yarome would know. As I recall this is the state track case (Harney County) and he will rule on the 3rd about state trying to keep the part of m114 that eleiminates Charleston. But I haven't been following it that close.

Being that the judge has already ruled to enjoin he entire m114,including this part, I don't see how the state has a chance in Hades. I give them less than 1% chance of success. Unless some legal loophole exists I can't see him ruling in favor of the communist state.

I'm sure that when this reaches brown's OR Supreme Court all of Raschios good work will get overturned unfortunately.

Last Edited:
Bro you troll like crazy lol . You are a part of the problem instead of being helpful you are just here to start drama or critique others. I'm just trying to stay informed and I appreciate anybody that commented pertaining to the question being asked. I know you are the smartest guy in the room but it's always nice to get off the pedestal! Thanks 🙏🏽
I appreciate you asking. I gave up a long time ago trying to follow several thousand posts for actual pertinent info. Rather than people chiming in with stupid comments saying how stupid it was for others to post another stupid thread.
Yet, here I am. :oops:
Sheesh.

We're all frustrated with the slow pace of things right now. You can check the different facebook feeds for FPC and GGWG Oregon if you need something to occupy your time. The judge said he will make his decision on the waiting period on or before the 3rd so we just have to wait. There is no doubt in my mind there will be at least one, if not three new threads once a decision drops so they'll be plenty of flares in the sky.

As of right now December 28th what is the purpose of the next hearing? To my understanding it will be about the 10 round magazines and the " loophole". Does OSP have everything together for the " permit to purchase" to go into effect on January 3nd or are they going to request more time and give us another 30 days? The judge said he would make his ruling by January 3nd 5pm I'm just curious what the likely hood is that they grant another extension on the permits.

@Yarome would know. As I recall this is the state track case (Harney County) and he will rule on the 3rd about state trying to keep the part of m114 that eleiminates Charleston. But I haven't been following it that close.

Being that the judge has already ruled to enjoin he entire m114,including this part, I don't see how the state has a chance in Hades. I give them less than 1% chance of success. Unless some legal loophole exists I can't see him ruling in favor of the communist state.
As of today 12/30, the only thing pending with a date on it is pretty much as stated.👆

Severability determination on the 3day by Jan 3. Everything else remains injuncted. The permit was already extended well prior to Dec 28th until March 7th.

For the state case, it's in limbo until such time that the state notifies Judge Raschio's office that they have a system fully in place... at which time... the judge will set a hearing date within 10 days of that notification to argue the constitutionality. Informally, the judge stated he would touch bases with the state in March to see if they are ready for him to hear their arguments or not.

Seeing how our legislature deosn't even reconvene until early Feb, I highly doubt they will have the funding they require to implement the permit process by early March. If not, then Judge Raschio won't set a date to hear their argument until they are fully ready... no matter what's going on in the federal case or what further delay the fed court may or may not grant the state.

I'll be honest and say I quit trying to sort thru all of the other threads because they are too long and full of crap. I'll be tagging along on this one, trying to keep up to date.

I'll be honest and say I quit trying to sort thru all of the other threads because they are too long and full of crap. I'll be tagging along on this one, trying to keep up to date.
We should know by 5pm Tuesday whether the Judge is going to allow three day rule releases to continue. I have both fingers crossed.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads