JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wouldn't take GGWG Oregon seriously about anything. They seem too concerned with posting memes, false information, and grossly exaggerated claims about M114 than they are about actually posting valuable information that's verified and true. And if you try and point something out on there, you'll get some chest-thumping a-hole with an attitude who continues to peddle false information. Like needing a permit for each gun you buy, which is utterly false, and why people continue to believe this falsehood is beyond me.

So as you can see, I'm not a fan of the page. But to each his own.
What is ggwg? Only thing I can think of is gun grabbers with gas.

The fact that there's debate over whether to separate the issues or not should be enough to strike this down as violating the Oregon Constitution for measures being single issues.

Ugh, eff the State and everyone that works for it.

What is ggwg?
Never heard of them.
I never heard of them either till now.
Administratively Disolved per Oregon Secretary of State's Division of Corporations on 06-20-2019
Don't know what you mean by administratively dissolved, but there is an active facebook page.

Don't know what you mean by administratively dissolved, but there is an active facebook page.

https://oregon.public.law/statutes/ors_65.651

Nonprofit Corporations
ORS 65.651
Procedure for and effect of administrative dissolution
(1) If the Secretary of State determines that one or more grounds exist under ORS 65.647 (Grounds for administrative dissolution) for dissolving a corporation, the Secretary of State shall give the corporation written notice of that determination.
(2) If the corporation does not correct each ground for dissolution or demonstrate to the reasonable satisfaction of the Secretary of State, within 45 days after notice is given, that each of the grounds that the Secretary of State has determined to be a ground for the dissolution does not exist, the Secretary of State shall administratively dissolve the corporation, and in the case of a public benefit corporation shall notify the Attorney General in writing.
(3) A corporation administratively dissolved continues the corporation's corporate existence but may not carry on any activities except those necessary or appropriate to wind up and liquidate the corporation's affairs under ORS 65.637 (Effect of dissolution) and notify the corporation's claimants under ORS 65.641 (Known claims against dissolved corporation) and 65.644 (Unknown claims against dissolved corporation).
(4) The administrative dissolution of a corporation does not terminate the authority of the corporation's registered agent. [1989 c.1010 §139; 1993 c.190 §6; 2013 c.159 §11]

And

Nonprofit Corporations
ORS 65.647
Grounds for administrative dissolution

The Secretary of State may commence a proceeding under ORS 65.651 (Procedure for and effect of administrative dissolution) to administratively dissolve a corporation if:
(1) The corporation does not pay when due any fees imposed by this chapter;
(2) The corporation does not deliver its annual report to the Secretary of State when due;
(3) The corporation is without a registered agent or registered office in this state;
(4) The corporation does not notify the Secretary of State that its registered agent or registered office has been changed, that its registered agent has resigned, or that its registered office has been discontinued; or
(5) The corporation's period of duration, if any, stated in its articles of incorporation expires. [1989 c.1010 §138]
ETA - why would one bother to have a non-profit corporation? see

Last Edited:
FarceBook states;
MISSION STATEMENT OF GGWG-Good Guys (and Gals) With Guns:
"Our common purpose is to protect the second amendment (as written) to the United States Constitution. We believe the second amendment to this founding document ensures our natural born rights and the entire founding principles of the United States. Through grass roots action, GGWG Members will rally against anti Second Amendment infringements while promoting responsible gun ownership and safety."

I just want to note.
1. I know nothing about them.
2. When I want to know more about an organization, the first thing I do is look them up with the Secretary of State.
3. The Oregon Secretary of State states they are inactive and have been dissolved.
4. This is not to say they do not have a Facebook presence.
5. This is not to say they are or are not good folks.
6. This is just pointing out that their organization technically does not exist as a registered organization with the State of Oregon any longer.

Sorry, outlines and bullet points are just habit for me, no disrespect to anyone.

I've never heard of these GGWG people either, seem like feds glow posting to me, but who knows. Maybe they can convince a redneck to do something stupid and justify their budget increase.

Also, Glock 20 gen 5 just released today, I am on the hunt for one if you know of any local shops in Oregon with them in stock.

Eager to see how this Jan 3rd hearing plays out tomorrow.

I've never heard of these GGWG people either, seem like feds glow posting to me...
I don't think so. You can get the address of the guy who registered the corp from the link to the SoS site above. Then go to google maps and take a look at street view. Hardly looks like a federal operation. Let's not get too paranoid. LOL

I don't think so. You can get the address of the guy who registered the corp from the link to the SoS site above. Then go to google maps and take a look at street view. Hardly looks like a federal operation. Let's not get too paranoid. LOL
My whole purpose for mentioning GGWG was that they are another source for information. Like any other loose group of people, some will ask questions that have already been answered, or will be asking about status of something when there hasn't been any movement for awhile. It's also the same as this forum in that some people will post some breaking news, and then find out that their source was incorrect about the facts. One of their members had some legitimate links to court papers and I found those links helpful. I didn't mean to add or detract from any group, just point out that everyone is scrambling for information. These are DISCUSSION groups. People contribute what they can but this isn't an absolute legal reference resource.

The 72 hr. release was put into effect many years ago when the state initiated the instant check NICS background check. It was a deal made in Oregon where pro gunners agreed to not fight the background check initiative as long as the state agreed they'd release any firearms sale if the check took longer than 72 hrs.
It's a Oregon law, and I see nothing that would change that law as long as measure 114 is still in limbo? So not sure why a judge would be ruling on that until a ruling is made that lets 114 begin?
Actually--the 72 hr release is Federal. Oregon's law ORS 166.412 (3)(B)(c). One day:

"If the department fails to provide a unique approval number to a gun dealer or to notify the gun dealer that the purchaser is disqualified under paragraph (a) of this subsection before the close of the gun dealer's next business day following the request by the gun dealer for a criminal history record check, the gun dealer may deliver the firearm to the purchaser."

Actually the 3 day release was built into the Brady Bill which was signed into Federal Law in November 1993 by Slick Willie….
That's not correct. When the state wanted to eliminate private sales at gun shows with background checks the deal worked out with the legislature was to institute the instant check system, and part of that said if they did and checks weren't completed within 72 hrs. the gun purchase could be completed.
And at the same time this bill also included another rule many people are unaware of that allowed private parties at gun shows to do a call in background check. So if two people wanted to do a sale one could call the state police, give them the buyer's info and a credit card number, and complete the transaction just like a dealer could.
I've used this method since the whole law was passed back in 2015.
The instant check, and 72 hr. rule became law in Oregon in 2000 long after the Brady bill was passed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top