JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's looking more and more likely that there are going to be a lot of firearms locked up at FFLs across the State if OSP requires permit to purchase begining Dec 8, 2022 no court relief is given.

In this thread I would like to explore options that FFLs might offer so they don't have to sit on locked up firearms for some unkown length of time after M114 takes effect.

First option would be to offer cash or store credit to transferee in exchange for firearm. Then the FFL can sell or otherwise transfer the firearm out of state.

Second option would be for transferee to find a different transferee out of state for the FFL to ship the firearm to. This could be a buyer or somebody you want to give the firearm to.

What other legal Post M114 options would you suggest?

What types of firearms are being held in ffl limbo? If I ordered my ar before 114 passed shouldn't it be aloud?

The state has already announced that any firearm not in your possession before December 8th won't be allowed to transfer without a permit. Of course, you can't even obtain a permit as the system doesn't even exist yet, but that's what the state is going with for now.

Because of that, it's hopefully quite likely that a stay will be issued allowing us to get our guns. But that's not a guarantee.

The state has already announced that any firearm not in your possession before December 8th won't be allowed to transfer without a permit. Of course, you can't even obtain a permit as the system doesn't even exist yet, but that's what the state is going with for now.

Because of that, it's hopefully quite likely that a stay will be issued allowing us to get our guns. But that's not a guarantee.
We'll be caught in the 30 day loophole. Everyone will need a new background check..

I purchased a handgun before election day and still have yet to hear back about the background. I would imagine that I would be an excellent candidate for legal action against the state if I don't receive it before the deadline.

I purchased a handgun before election day and still have yet to hear back about the background. I would imagine that I would be an excellent candidate for legal action against the state if I don't receive it before the deadline.
Check with your FFL - perhaps they are willing to use the three day rule on such a protracted case.

Another thought...
FFL's will be stuck storing inventory waiting on BGC's to clear and a permit system to be put in place which will take months. Unless they also do NFA sales (also subject to the same, but customers already accustomed to lengthy wits) there is a good chance that many will go out of business.

What happens to that inventory? What is the risk to the purchaser that by the time the state gets it's end of 114 in place that their firearms will still be there?

Another thought...
FFL's will be stuck storing inventory waiting on BGC's to clear and a permit system to be put in place which will take months. Unless they also do NFA sales (also subject to the same, but customers already accustomed to lengthy wits) there is a good chance that many will go out of business.

What happens to that inventory? What is the risk to the purchaser that by the time the state gets it's end of 114 in place that their firearms will still be there?
Exactly my point, you probably will want to do something long before the courts provide relief or they get a permit system running. That is why I am bringing up options that can be used now or very soon. You can ask your FFL to honor the 3 day option but if they are one of the many FFLs who think your BG check has to be under review or delayed to use that option you will probably be SOL. Many of them won't do it regardless.

Joke is on the FFLS who never and still don't follow the 3 day rule....... do you see how they keep screwing you ???
All FFLs should throw up a huge F U and follow the 3 day rule and hand it over. Their job is to sell, govt job is to do their job and approve if they can't do that that's not the FFLs problem or burden or liablity.

Concern for Liability is a real thing releasing to joe blow after 3 days with his first firearm purchase, but you would think FFL's could at least release to CHL's and NFA form holders as they have had a background check in the past

I can't believe they're going to effectively " turn off the switch" after 8th the whole 114 deal is so botched it's embarrassing. Because this alone, a injunction needs to block this and let it get settled in court.

I can't believe they're going to effectively " turn off the switch" after 8th the whole 114 deal is so botched it's embarrassing. Because this alone, a injunction needs to block this and let it get settled in court.
It's another test. A test to see how obedient our sheepish society will be to their tyrannical rules. Remember the Covid lockdowns, mask mandates, vax mandates, when society willingly gave into their tyrannical rules. Well, what about this time?....? Will society give in yet again?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top