JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The anti gunners would take this and say that it would have been a lot worse if the guy had a gun.

I would say the same thing as anti gunners.

And if the policeman had been armed he wouldn't have had to go hand to hand with a man wielding a sword!
And if the "victim" had been armed, she wouldn't have been a victim at all.
Problem solved.

The taxpayers would have saved the cost of the arrest and investigation.
The cost of a trial.
The cost to the government health care system for the treatment of her wounds and PTSD.
The cost of incarcerating this nutball for the next 20 years-to-life.

Just many more reasons why citizen gun ownership and carry is a win-win for the individual AND society.

Local resident Steven Oltay, 19, said he thought he heard the attack take place from his flat nearby.

He said: 'I was woken up last night by a woman screaming. Horrific screams, like an animal.

'I thought it was someone being murdered and almost ran out but decided against it.'

Remind me not to visit London.

i've been to London. utopia? hah!
that, and dudes there are insane with knives.
the crowd i was with for my stay sure had guns and many knives.

I heard England was going to try to enforce a knife ban or a knife registration system because of the high number of stabbings in the city of London. I've been told London has more knife murders than many large American cities have gun murders. Same goes for New York City, where knife murders are surpassing gun murders now.

Knives, especially swords, actually have a great advantage in an urban setting, they are quiet.

Remind me not to visit London.

Why? It has beautiful beaches, weather and women and lot of loud, rowdy drunk people.. What more could you want?

I enjoy going to England; have a blast riding motorcycles around that place. The ladies are friendly, don't remember much about the food but the ale takes care of that, riding for an hour straight in the rain at 140mph, trying to figure out what the F half the people are saying, etc.
I'd never for a moment consider living there, but it's a fun place none the less. That being said, I know more people that have been stabbed or cut there than anywhere else including Finland and New York (and people get stabby stabby in them places)

They also confirmed that two weapons (a double-barrelled shotgun and a .22-calibre rifle with a scope and silencer) had been used by the suspect in the attacks and that thirty different crime scenes were being investigated.[3]

Wow a shotgun and a 22 cal rifle! 12 dead! Go figure.. People don't realize that a shotgun probably can create considerably more damage than a rifle and can be reloaded quite quickly. But a shotgun just doesn't look as dreadful and scary as the evil "AR rifle".

In the end, unless they lock us up in our rooms , tie us in restraints and tube feed all of us, there is going to be crime.. Maybe, they should ban air, as I hear without oxygen people cannot commit murder.

Wow a shotgun and a 22 cal rifle! 12 dead! Go figure.. People don't realize that a shotgun probably can create considerably more damage than a rifle and can be reloaded quite quickly. But a shotgun just doesn't look as dreadful and scary as the evil "AR rifle".

In the end, unless they lock us up in our rooms , tie us in restraints and tube feed all of us, there is going to be crime.. Maybe, they should ban air, as I hear without oxygen people cannot commit murder.

they do know that but if they tried to ban them straight out they would never have a chance, they have to go at it slowly to get to the shotgun's

I heard England was going to try to enforce a knife ban or a knife registration system because of the high number of stabbings in the city of London. I've been told London has more knife murders than many large American cities have gun murders. Same goes for New York City, where knife murders are surpassing gun murders now.

Just to be clear, neither of those statements are true. Please don't quote them as an argument against gun control as you will be wrong.

"The highest number of murder knife victims (or otherwise where the weapon used was a "sharp instrument"), for 2010 and 2011 calendar years, was only six - in just two London boroughs." from London knife crime: how bad is it? | UK news | guardian.co.uk

2011 NYC murders

Shot- 61%
Stabbed- 22%
Bludgeoned- 10%
Physical Force- 5%

Source: http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/2011_murder_in_nyc.pdf

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews