JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some Nerf guns now required to be registered in South Australia. Yes, you read that correctly.

"A popular children's toy has been exposed as a hidden firearm after some models may now be registered as weapons in one Australian state.

Nerf guns will now be registered as firearms in South Australia after enthusiasts discovered that certain designs of the child-friendly toy operate identically to prohibited gel blasters.

The gel blasters - toy guns that generally shoot a super-absorbent polymer as bullets - are considered a 'regulated imitation firearm' under the South Australian Firearms Act. "

Please don't tell any Oregon Legislators.

Oh man, this provided a good laugh.
They must have some really bored Karens or Kens over there in AUS. So many other things to focus on in that country yet they are trying to ban/register nerf toys. Not even air soft.. but clunky, plastic nerf toys.

Oh man, this provided a good laugh.
They must have some really bored Karens or Kens over there in AUS. So many other things to focus on in that country yet they are trying to ban/register nerf toys. Not even air soft.. but clunky, plastic nerf toys.

I think some parts of Australia are one step away from forced gender reassignments for all male children. Keep them full of estrogen and in a nice bubble wrap cocoon and all will be well. Such a departure from days gone by,

Wait... whut?
"Enthusiasts" of what? The regulatory-state or of Nerf guns? Do either actually exist (outside of government beuracracy)?

Kinda sounds like gun control enthusiasts as opposed to nerf gun enthusuasts

Last Edited:
I think some parts of Australia are one step away from forced gender reassignments for all male children. Keep them full of estrogen and in a nice bubble wrap cocoon and all will be well. Such a departure from days gone by,
Agreed. For a land of once only outlaws.. they have gone into PC pandering and authoritarian overdrive

Penal colony dumping ground is now infected with PC righteousness. Time does wonders when it comes denying roots. But then they are still part and parcel of the British Commonwealth!

I do participate on some forums that have Aussie members. There is a definite subject mentality and at times they have trouble wrapping their heads around concepts of American style freedoms being rights and not government dispensed privileges.

At first I was wondering why anyone would comply (SA claims almost 4000 gel blasters were surrendered, 460 registered/serialized) but then I found this other article, with these two guys registering their Nerf guns for a laugh.

Phillips said police did not find the situation funny.

"I'd say they're frustrated more than they see the funny side," Phillips said.

"I haven't got a laugh out of SAPOL from any of the things I've taken in to register with them.

Screenshot_20210501-120617_Opera.jpg

Now I want one...

Screenshot_20210501-120244_Opera.jpg

-Robert

At first I was wondering why anyone would comply (SA claims almost 4000 gel blasters were surrendered, 460 registered/serialized) but then I found this other article, with these two guys registering their Nerf guns for a laugh.

View attachment 874601

Now I want one...

View attachment 874602

-Robert

I watched a YT where one of these was set up by a young lady to auto track targets. I can't find the video anymore, but just imagine how much fun, especially the one that tracks faces

It's really to bad. The Aussies I've met have been really good people. However, if you just stand by and let yourself be controlled by a misguided, and or corrupt government, who's to blame? They DO have lots of sheep in Australia. A reminder for all of us to stand strong. I don't like sheep food.

Well, when your entire genetic predisposition was formed by great grandfathers submission to a colonial penal system, I can see how some of the roughest folks on the planet instinctively cower at imposition of authority.

Imagine if a Labrador retriever woke up one day to realize what he thought was an ingrained hardwired trait was only the result of a short ancestral list of willing participants who learned to play fetch on their own volition?

Who knows what's possible!?

:)

cg.jpeg

Well, there have been clues that we somehow missed...
- BARBIE.... they named their outdoor grills after a fashion doll
- MATE.... refer to their male friends as if it's someone they're having sex with
- COBBER.... reaallly, reeaally good "mate"

....so, looking back , I can see how they would be deeply afraid on a toy that shoots tiny, wet, sponges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top