JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went to one of my favorite eateries a couple of weeks ago, Heathen Brewing Feral Public House, on Washington St in Vancouver. If you've never eaten there before I strongly recommend the Three Little Pigs Pizza.

Normally I drink one of their craft beers but decided to go with a mead instead. They had a watermelon mead that I found both authoritative and delicious.

I'm kicking around the idea of making a melomel or metheglin myself. I have received two, how to, books from Amazon and a third one is on the way. With a little care it seems relatively easy to brew mead in small batches of five gallons or thereabouts. Most of the recipes that I glanced at have a one to two year age time though.

I dunno....I think I will give it a try. ;)

Wife's maiden name was Meador... guess where that name originated...

Have a buddy who swears by his honey mead.

I always partake in some mead before going to rape and pillage my neighbors. Least my ancestors did.;)

But ya, I love mead. Best stuff I have bought is Chausers. If you guys know of others let me know.

We have a Meadery about five blocks from our home! The stuff runs from nasty to sublime! The fruity ones appeal to me. They aren't sweet, BTW! Good stuff! Goes with the adjoining Mexican restaurant's food really well! :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top