Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Me too

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Natty Bumpo, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Clackamas County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Bout time someone established a LOCAL forum for us PNW shooters. Thanks Joey, for stepping up and making this happen.

I really appreciate the opportunity to rate and to see the opinions of others concerning local clubs and gun shops. Hopefully, the rate-ees will become aware our observations and continue their good work or perhaps realize that some necessary changes might be warranted.

Pistols are my primary interest. While not well-heeled enough to be a collector, I do have an interest in higher-end, older, classic "pocket pistols" and I have a few....far too few. As for shooting, S/D oriented pistol is an emerging interest.

Oregon CCW. NRA Life/Endowment. And I vote and I contribute. But don't call me. Seriously.

I don't hunt too much anymore, but when I do, I prefer the flintlock and the natural comfort of the rainy, brushy westside Cascade environment. The only experience that might compete with that would be squirrel hunting the hollows in the Appalachian hardwoods.....again, with the flintlock.

2. JennyC

JennyC Portland, Oregon Member

Welcome to the community :D

3. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Welcome... you sound like a great addition to the site...
    for future reference pay no attn: to anything I say!

4. BigDaddyP

BigDaddyP Longview, WA Member

Welcome...enjoy the forum. :)

5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

What Jon said, sounds like you're going to fit in very well :D

6. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome - hope you enjoy the site.

7. Boomstick

Boomstick Vancouver WA Member

Welcome, I am glad to see that I am not the only one who has a taste for the muzzle loader. I see you are also a fan of James Fenimore Cooper. :thumbup:

8. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Jeez I remember th' Bumpo band from high school days at Washington HS at 14th and stark. How funny to see that as a user name!

Since I am just joining I can't say "welcome" but good ta meet you is appropriate.

9. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome Doc, good to see you got everything figured out :D

You should create an introduction thread.

10. elcid11

elcid11 Beaverton New Member

Welcome,

Enjoy the new "COOL" board.

11. pdxjohann

pdxjohann Portland near Tigard Member

Natty,

You screen name always cracks me up. The deer shiver at the sound of your name.