JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure anymore if reporting is straight news or designed to elicit a reaction. The days of "Just The Facts" are over... everybody seems to have an angle and journalists have so seamlessly incorporated weasel words into their stories that they're sometimes hard to see even when on alert.

I read this report as a reactionary piece to the recent widespread criticism of media for its wall-to-wall coverage of mass shooting events while ignoring the weekly murder count in the US' most violent cities.

I've always been skeptical of the media. They've managed to push me across the line into being downright cynical.

I think we just need to give our military snipers a job back home.

But seriously, they need to round up gangs and start charging them with conspiracy.
Most of these shootings in major areas are gang related, and drugs.

Go all Tombstone on they butts.

You flying gang colors or tattoos, you go down.

They did a short piece the other day on KATU about all the Media Hype on the "Mass Shootings" vs all the inner city killings that don't get reported, or under reported, and were asking WHY, then almost like it was a fluke, went back to all the anti gun rhetoric and sensationalizing of the latest mass shooting event(s)! :mad:

I have been listening to some East Coast radio stations online and not just reading the so called news online (?!?).

The R and I people AND some D people are ALL OVER THIS and angry about the crime statistics. ALL races have been unified in this anti crime group.

Do you still have some people in all races who continue to hurt or murder other people?

Yes, but many people in the CITY and in the outlying COUNTIES ARE FED UP WITH THE LAX COURT SYSTEM AND SENTENCES. SLAP ON THE HAND SENTENCES.

MOST of them DO SUPPORT the local police too. I know that you don't always read that or see/hear it on the boob tube.

Many of them have been fighting this for a long time and have been trying to take back their neighborhoods - LIGHT UP THE NIGHT stories and actions.

There are black and white radio hosts who are and have been raising CAIN about the crime and are upset with some of the city fathers/mothers.

THOSE RADIO HOSTS DO SUPPORT THE POLICE TOO!

They have been VERY CRITICAL OF THE BUDGET and where is all of the funding and tax dollars going to.

They are upset that some of the tourist attractions and other things get more funding and support than the police too.

There are churches, temples, various charities, etc. who have been working in the slums and lower economic areas to ENLIST the homeowners and renters to TAKE BACK THEIR CITY and NEIGHBORHOODS in a good manner.

The SUN newspaper has gone so far downhill in some areas - you might not want to put it on the bottom of a birdcage worse off BUY the paper.

My older, retired brother lives closer to Annapolis.

I still know some people who live in the city and county too.

Cate
NY born - MD raised.

"News" is entertainment and always has been. Someone pays for it.

Always

If the payer doesn't pay the news stops. There is a built in incentive to report news people will pay for.

The families in these neighborhoods will do or say anything to keep a member of their family from being charged with a crime.

The following week when a family member is hit by retaliation, they will ask why the government doesnt stop the violence.

Families that do not like that lifestyle, figure out a way to move.

"News" is entertainment and always has been. Someone pays for it.

Always

If the payer doesn't pay the news stops. There is a built in incentive to report news people will pay for.
That hasn't always been the case. In order to operate the 3 or 4 major networks had to provide news or education. Most news was boring, local and 30 mins.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top