JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True but irrelevant.

Not really. Perhaps enough people knew the actual law, or were comfortable around guns enough to not really worry about it.

Honestly, it's just about equal to a black man walking through a neighbourhood, and two people calling the police to say there is a trouble maker on the loose (basing this only on appearance), while the rest of the area goes back to their life without caring who passes by.

I'm sure by now everyone knows people pull stunts like this frequently. The people that make 911 calls are the antis, and they're only calling to be bubblegums.

I'm sure by now everyone knows people pull stunts like this frequently. The people that make 911 calls are the antis, and they're only calling to be bubblegums.

I'd believe that it was always antis making the call except...well, some of the videos I've seen seem to be too much of a set up, almost rehearsed, in fact.

To me, it's almost like Westboro Baptist Church. Sure, running around the country picketing at funerals is legal. Insane, intrusive and down right wrong, but legal. They are making a "point," and are exercising their first amendment rights and all...but still...I'd not like them anywhere near a funeral I was attending.

Remember, Westboro Baptist makes most of their money suing people who interfere with their "right" to protest. I'm guessing that some of the guys on the 'net are running around trying to get into an altercation so that they can sue and get money...

This thread is still alive? Go home already. You're either someone who thinks that any jackassery is acceptable, no matter how badly it (with reason) scares people "to make a point." or you aren't. there aren't any other two categories to place this clown and hi supporters into. -Which makes it the perfect troll.

Here's my thoughts on this and it's based on my discussions with someone who I just bought a firearm for, for her use/training in proper firearm handling and protocol.

A firearm is not a fashion accessory, nor is it something that you decorate your house with or that you should ever see as something other than what it is. A weapon. It's a tool for dealing death. That's what firearms do. You can talk all day about shooting clay's or groupings or it being a sportsman's hobby. But ultimately the thing you must always realize is that ownership of a firearm is an adult responsibility that requires clear thinking, humility, and a duty to your fellow man to keep and use firearms with a solid sense of caution for the wellbeing of others.

I impressed on her that a firearm is NEVER a toy. It's not something you talk about to others to appear to brag about or show off with. A firearm owner has to have a sober mind and a clear purpose for the use of that firearm when he or she puts their hand on it.

Think about it this way... it's like an axe.

When do you pull out an axe? You do so for some simple reasons. First, when you're maintaining it; sharpening it, cleaning it, oiling it, getting is ready for storage, or getting it ready for use, that sort of thing. and second, when you're using it for its intended purpose. You heft it in your hand and take it over to the wood pile or to the tree you intend to use it on.

When it's not in one of these two situations... you generally don't do anything with it. You certainly don't go down to the store with it strapped to your back do you? The last time I checked the occurrences of roving bands of wild evergreens and hardwoods attacking or raiding human settlements has been pretty sparce. :D
As such, I treat my firearms as the tools they are. They stay home unless I have a particular use for them in mind.

The right to arms is a right, but it's also a responsibility. It's something that we need to be adults about and I'm sorry if you disagree with me, but this fellow was not being adult or sensible in his choice to carry that AR around without reason.

A firearm is a responsibility... it's not something you should be toting around like a fashion accessory or to draw attention. If you want to carry a firearm for self defense... I'm 100% behind you doing so. But if you're doing it just to draw attention... then no.

People need to be sober and sensible when it comes to firearms. Acting like an adult when carrying one will satisfy police the instant they encounter you. They'll know "This guy/gal is an adult, they're treating the weapon with care and concern for the well being of others... there's no danger here" But acting like a dingbat... well, that gives them cause for concern.

I disagree. I think having a longarm or sidearm openly displayed is the most patriotic way of displaying that you're a responsible adult and that you CAN handle yourself, that you're prepared for anything it shows courage and pays tribute to the American spirit. Between the ages of 18-45 we're all militia men/women and need to be prepared. Especially in todays political climate.

I think hiding hiding your firearm, especially even in your own home shows incredible cowardice and that you clearly buy into the liberal medias biased opinion on the matter.
"A death dealing machine" a "weapon".. Oh please. Its a tool like anything else. Everything has the potential to maim or kill.

This thread is still alive? Go home already. You're either someone who thinks that any jackassery is acceptable, no matter how badly it (with reason) scares people "to make a point." or you aren't. there aren't any other two categories to place this clown and hi supporters into. -Which makes it the perfect troll.
And you are? Obviously someone who is ashamed that you posses firearms. Or perhaps someone who wouldn't stand up to fight tyranny.
I bet its easy to sit in judgment from behind a keyboard huh? Folks like the fella in the video do more for our rights than you or folks with your opinion, that I assure you.
Both visual displays and assistance with pro firearm organizations. At least he/they have a voice and are getting heard.. The meek certainly wont retain their rights, sadly not in this country & especially in this current climate.

What if I want to carry my AR15 with me, so I don't have to leave it at home or in the car to get stolen?

While different than walking around with a camera at-the-ready; would you still say I'm hurting gun rights?

Seems to me that if someone loves liberty and freedom, they better shut up and stop telling others what to do or how to live. Freedom and liberty means not being told what to do or how to live. Dig it?

Seems to me that if someone loves liberty and freedom, they better shut up and stop telling others what to do or how to live. Freedom and liberty means not being told what to do or how to live. Dig it?

No, freedom does not mean not being told what to do or how to live. It means being free- to do what you want or live how you want, AND to tell another person you think they're retarded for how they do it. If you're behaving badly and poorly representing a sub-culture I am a part of, I have a FREEDOM to tell you about it. You have the freedom to ignore me.

This is freedom we still have for now.

?Mother F***er Racist Sons of B**ches From Hell?: Wedding Venue Gets Threats, Fears Shut Down After Refusing Gay Couple?s Nuptials | TheBlaze.com

" ... They simply disagree with the lifestyle, but respect the personal decisions that people make.

"I would serve them in every other way — we simply don't want to take part ... it just comes down to that final line of taking their vows in our facility," the wife added, noting that she would have gladly provided flowers or cake (something more detached from the actual nuptials). "I do not hate these people and they have the right to do what they want to do under the law and in humanity."

If the law requires the couple to comply and marry gay couples, they said that they will stay true to their convictions and will simply stop performing ceremonies at the location all together."

No, freedom does not mean not being told what to do or how to live. It means being free- to do what you want or live how you want, AND to tell another person you think they're retarded for how they do it. If you're behaving badly and poorly representing a sub-culture I am a part of, I have a FREEDOM to tell you about it. You have the freedom to ignore me.

See, even you guys up north get it... It is Freedom!

A free man would not listen to your concerns about anything, because he is free. Sure, you could voice them, but a free man would not be your audience unless he was so "freely"

OT; regarding all the freedom talk.

People simply have not gotten the memo that they live in a police state now.

Just stop it with all the 'rights' nonsense. In reality, we have none. Imbecile Americans who accept every deception at face value, who accept every violation of their person, who live in absolute apathy; have all earned what is coming; well, not 'coming' - actually already here.

This is what a police state looks like:

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on now Burt. We all know that woman was a serious threat. Times are tough and governments need all the cash they can steal er get. She owed $1k to the county gov and 130am is the best time to collect doncha know.

The cops should have said what I would have said:

"look dude, I know you're obeying the law, the problem is, people see you and then they call me, and then I have to come talk to you. But I don't want to talk to you, but the people who called me do, and I have a duty to at least do that. Now that I have talked to you, could you please put the gun away so that I don't have to talk to you again because I don't want to because I know you're obeying the law"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top