JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Washington State Attorney General Rob McKenna, the official who warned the City of Seattle that its attempt to ban guns from public property was illegal under state law, is reportedly planning to announce his candidacy for governor.

<broken link removed>

You mean this guy...... I'll vote for him...

washingtonoclicense.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's McKenna actually done for WA gun owners apart from that one opinion? If he has read the Constitution and the Heller and McDonald decisions surely he knows that several of WA's gun laws fall foul of the Second Amendment. What statements did he make during the proposed assault weapon ban last year?

Is he going to work to reform WA gun laws as Governor? Or is he a 'friend to gun owners in name only' who will happily take your vote and sit on his hands for four years?

Anyone going to ask him for a clear list of reforms to WA gun laws before he asks us to vote for him?

He issued anotice to all police and sheriff's departments to stop harrassing gun owners for open carry. He was in favor of the suppressor bill passing and the letter to Seattle stating their city parks is a LEGAL place to carry. So, he is a friend.

What's McKenna actually done for WA gun owners apart from that one opinion? If he has read the Constitution and the Heller and McDonald decisions surely he knows that several of WA's gun laws fall foul of the Second Amendment. What statements did he make during the proposed assault weapon ban last year?

Is he going to work to reform WA gun laws as Governor? Or is he a 'friend to gun owners in name only' who will happily take your vote and sit on his hands for four years?

Anyone going to ask him for a clear list of reforms to WA gun laws before he asks us to vote for him?

Spoken like a gun owner who would vote "Democrat" even if the candidate were Charlie Manson.

First and foremost, a governor doesn't change gun laws, the legislature does that. A governor can propose a law change, but that's it. McKenna has already demonstrated that he can support or oppose a law or ordinance or even a parks rule change in Seattle.

Which gun laws, in your opinion, fall outside Heller and McDonald?

McKenna had a long interview on KUOW - talked at length about his positions on every hot political topic and didn't mention guns or the Second Amendment once.

I'm still waiting to see some sort of official platform from him. Right now McKenna.org is just a donation form.

In 2008, when then-Mayor Greg Nickels began threatening to ban guns, even those legally carried, from city property, the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, quickly promised to sue if he followed through. Nickels' threat came after a shooting incident at the Seattle Center's annual Folklife Festival, in which two people were wounded. Clinton Chad Grainger later pleaded guilty to a Class C felony, though accounts of what led to the altercation in which the two people were hit by the stray bullet from what appears to have been an accidental discharge are still being questioned today.

<broken link removed>

He will be 1000% better than Inslee.

It's been two months - anyone got McKenna on the record yet about 2A?

What is his position on the WA legislature's unconstitutional restriction on SBS and SBR last decade? Does McKenna agree that it violates both the Second Amendment and the WA state constitution?

McKenna does have an extensive website up now, but absolutely no mention of his 2A position.

Your search - site:robmckenna.org guns - did not match any documents.

Your search - site:robmckenna.org firearms - did not match any documents.

Your search - site:robmckenna.org "second amendment" - did not match any documents.

McKenna does have an extensive website up now, but absolutely no mention of his 2A position.

Your search - site:robmckenna.org guns - did not match any documents.

Your search - site:robmckenna.org firearms - did not match any documents.

Your search - site:robmckenna.org "second amendment" - did not match any documents.

It's sad that you want to find any reason to flame him simply because he has an R next to his name instead of a D.

OK, I ask you this what has the Gov incumbent done for your gun rights?

Look at my picture above. I have spoken with McKenna on 2A and Mckenna does not want anymore 'gun laws' and believes that our laws are sufficient. Mckenna would be for modifying some of 9.41 if the legislature was made up of more R's, but until that happens ........

Gregoire has done nothing for 2A - obviously. She would have happily signed an 'assault weapon' ban too. That has nothing to do with McKenna however.

He is asking for a vote. All I am asking for is Mckenna's policy position on 2A in writing. He has stated his position at length on topics
like taxes, education, state budget etc. Is that too much to ask for? Am I supposed to just vote for the guy because someone on the Internet said he is pro 2A?

And btw, I'm not a Democrat.

Gregoire has done nothing for 2A - obviously. She would have happily signed an 'assault weapon' ban too. That has nothing to do with McKenna however.

He is asking for a vote. All I am asking for is Mckenna's policy position on 2A in writing. He has stated his position at length on topics
like taxes, education, state budget etc. Is that too much to ask for? Am I supposed to just vote for the guy because someone on the Internet said he is pro 2A?

Wank.

Why not ask him instead of us?

Why not ask him instead of us?

Exactly. Get out of the house and participate. I have had 3 or 4 encounters with McKenna in the last year. The rally where the picture was taken. And several Chamber type events. I can say that at each event McKenna has been asked by some lefty about what he is going to do about 'gun violence' and each time he has avoided the trap and reiterated that our gun laws are sufficient.

I wish the democrats would run Brian Sonntag and not that turd Inslee. Granted, I do not know his position on 2A, but I've read/heard enough good things about the job he has been doing as the state auditor. Just based on his anti-waste stance he would be my choice for governor (and this is about the 2md time I've held this opinion about a democrat in a long time).

It's been two months - anyone got McKenna on the record yet about 2A?

What is his position on the WA legislature's unconstitutional restriction on SBS and SBR last decade? Does McKenna agree that it violates both the Second Amendment and the WA state constitution?

Even under Heller and McDonald the government still has a right to restrict some firearms. Personally I want SBS's and SBR's made legal although you still need the paperwork from the feds.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top