Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

McKenna on gun rights

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by 8ball, Sep 30, 2012.

1. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Finally, he says something on the topic. I'd prefer a written statement rather than a video, and he doesn't mention hot topics like CCW, an assault weapon ban or gun shows, but at least it's a start.

http://www.robmckenna.org/mobile/node?nid=671

2. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

I do not think either are stellar on gun rights, but Inslee would certainly sign anything the libtards from Seattle put in front of him.

McKenna I THINK is a follow the law guy, and would not sign something that he believes will be changed by the courts.

3. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Inslee would be as bad or worse than Lowry, as to gun rights, or any other function of government.

I do not believe McKenna would sign anything he sees as overtly unconstitutional. Will he actively fix some of the things that were put in place by Lowry (like .270), probably not.

4. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

5. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Mckenna is no friend to us. But Inslee is an avowed enemy. I don't see much choice here do you?

6. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

You guys could write me in.

I'll push for a one handgun per month minimum purchase quota. It'll be a job stimulus plan, and self defense plan. We subsidize it by reduced police payroll due to that fastest falling crime rate in the nation.

Vote early, vote often, write me in.
    D

7. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

And just how did you arrive at that?

McKenna may not be a dyed-in-the-wool gun guy, but that doesn't mean he's our enemy. Inslee's voting record speaks for itself.

8. davemata

Read what he wrote.

9. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

In the governor debate tonight guns did not come up. But Inslee hardly answered any questions, just double speak, and tried to imply that McKenna was Romney surrogate.

10. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

hell if o can mandate health insurance wouldn't it be great if another president mandated everyone to buy at least one gun and get formal training updated every 6 months that will get my vote.

11. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

You know, if you were to encourage everyone to follow federal law....Every adult male in the US IS IN the militia of the US. Now, in US v Miller, 1939, the Supreme said that when called out, we were expected to show up with personal weapon "of the type and caliber in general usage" wouldn't it seem prudent to make sure the entire adult male population owned an M4 (or M16A2, if you prefer {like me})

12. davemata

Ross, I and DPMS, YHM, Sig, Colt, and many other companies would be totally behind a minimum of one AR per household, complete with FA giggle switch. ;)

oknow - I wouldn't mandate the training, as that in and of itself would be an infringement of the 2A, but I would make sure free and subsidized training was available.

13. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

After these last 4 years have we learned nothing about Free and Subsidized and the expansion of gov beuacracy

14. davemata

Not when it suits my ideology...

15. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

But organizing the militia IS a legitimate, Constitutionally designated function of FedGov. Personally, I would support mandatory weapons training, as part of a term of military service in the branch of the individual's choice, for all high-school graduates, other than allowing conscientious objectors some other alternative and the college-bound the option to defer until they finish their Associate's or Bachelor's. Big problem I see is it's proven that an all-volunteer force is much more motivated and thus more effective than draftees...

And going back to the main point, I think McKenna is about 60% "With Us", and I'll take somebody who's with me even HALF the time over somebody who's against me ALL the time.

16. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

I saw a mudslinging campaign ad against him recently - every reason they gave not to vote for him convinced me that he would be the better choice...