JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I tried searching but didn't find anything. Under the new proposed ATF rule, what are the options for an MCK* brace for a pistol? (Mine is for an M&P 2.0). Can I register as an SBR attached to one specific pistol? I know I can just get rid of it too. I'll likely sell it as I don't really shoot my M&P's much anymore, but wanted to know my options? thanks! *the MCK is a device that you put a pistol into and it adds a brace.

I tried searching but didn't find anything. Under the new proposed ATF rule, what are the options for an MCK* brace for a pistol? (Mine is for an M&P 2.0). Can I register as an SBR attached to one specific pistol? I know I can just get rid of it too. I'll likely sell it as I don't really shoot my M&P's much anymore, but wanted to know my options? thanks! *the MCK is a device that you put a pistol into and it adds a brace.
What is an MCK* brace?

I would check the photos on the atf website on the final rule. They have pretty much every brace under the sun on there.

Pretty sure selling a brace, or a braced something, is not wise right now.

Pretty sure selling a brace, or a braced something, is not wise right now.
Possession of a brace/chassis with brace itself is not regulated, nor is it prohibited to sell or buy such items. Putting a 16" barrel also makes the handgun a "rifle" (if those exists for the specific handgun :rolleyes: ) and in the vein of TC Contender, can go from handgun to rifle and back, as long as it is not configured in "SBR" configuration :rolleyes:

Edit. On the other hand, the ATF has repeatedly stated this.

"Once a rifle/shotgun, always a rifle/shotgun". So according to them, you cannot "legally" go Rifle to handgun. Only handgun to rifle.

Last Edited:
Possession of a brace/chassis with brace itself is not regulated, nor is it prohibited to sell or buy such items. Putting a 16" barrel also makes the handgun a "rifle" (if those exists for the specific handgun :rolleyes: ) and in the vein of TC Contender, can go from handgun to rifle and back, as long as it is not configured in "SBR" configuration :rolleyes:
Agree that in regards to individual items such as braces, stocks, vertical grips, or pistols are not regulated under the new rule (ie braces are not banned). The only thing that is regulated is pistols with braces attached (or possibly constructive intent if they are stored together).

So keep brace and pistol separate and not in the same drawer unless you have applied under the brace amnesty or already have pistol as a registered sbr. It may be that the brace rule will be enjoined in the future and you could then put them back together. One misunderstanding I hear over and over on videos is that the effective date is may 31 so they can keep as is until then. The effective date is Jan 31, 2023 so under the letter of the law it's already effective. May 31 is the compliance date, not effective date. Ignore if you don't care about the brace rule or atf crap.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top