JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Right to Sodomy is undoubtedly ensconced in various emanations and penumbras along with the unfettered right to abortion. We must remember that in the current state of jurisprudence in America rights created out of whole cloth by liberal shysters in black robes trump those specifically enumerated on the Constitution because they apply to to the Democrats' base, while enumerated rights generally apply to to FREEFOR. The Dems reap the benefit.

Actually, I was looking for citation of this "right". I understand that it is a perceived right, but the point is that we had a forum member say that homosexuality is a protected "class" and firearm owners are not. I was able to cite the exact location of protection for the firearms owners(2A) and am waiting patiently for the location of the Right To Sodomize. Again, because a bunch of liars pretend it to be true, does not a law make.

Sexual orientation is a protected class (just like gender, race and religion). Firearm ownership is not.

I'm not going to jump on the dogpile and berate you before I ask you to clarify what you meant by this statement. I admit my first reaction was to call out the obvious error of this statement, BUT it can also be read in the context of you pointing out the "social prejudices" being perpetrated upon society... Please qualify with some quantifications if you would.

We have recent court rulings (Heller comes to immediate attention) that contradict the face of your statement.

What say you?

The Right to Sodomy is undoubtedly ensconced in various emanations and penumbras along with the unfettered right to abortion. We must remember that in the current state of jurisprudence in America rights created out of whole cloth by liberal shysters in black robes trump those specifically enumerated on the Constitution because they apply to to the Democrats' base, while enumerated rights generally apply to to FREEFOR. The Dems reap the benefit.

What about this: IX Amendment, US Constitution

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

One of the reasons that this amendment was put into the constitution is what you are saying, that ONLY those things enumerated are rights, and nothing else is covered. Nothing could be further from the truth. We have a lot of rights that are presumed (privacy, in our love life, for example).

The rights that you say are created out of whole cloth are in fact, fundamental human rights no less important than the enumerated ones we all know and love.

Edited to add: After looking up Lawrence and Garner v. Texas, seems there was no "right" to sodomy stated in the decision, what was said was that the law infringed on the 14th Amendment. Since the law didn't prohibit the same activity between heterosexual couples it violated the equal protection aspect of the 14th.http://www.oyez.org/cases/2000-2009/2002/2002_02_102

"The next amendment is: "The enumeration in the constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny, or disparage others retained by the people." This clause was manifestly introduced to prevent any perverse, or ingenious misapplication of the well known maxim, that an affirmation in particular cases implies a negation in all others; and e converso, that a negation in particular cases implies, an affirmation in all others.1 The maxim, rightly understood, is perfectly sound and safe; but it has often been strangely forced from its natural meaning into the support of the most dangerous political heresies. The amendment was undoubtedly suggested by the reasoning of the Federalist on the subject of a general bill of rights."

(Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States, Justice Joseph Storey, LLD, 1833)

<broken link removed>

The one he selected was something like a 20 min drive, all the close ones allowed carrying.

That's an urban myth around here. His apartment was only four miles from the cinema. If you look at it in a map, there are other cinemas in the area, but the Town Center one is the largest - the others are Latino and independent cinemas who aren't going to be doing midnight showings of blockbuster movies

You can see for yourself on Google Maps. He lived at 1690 Paris St and the cinema is at 14300 East Alameda Ave.

What scares me are pressure cookers. We need businesses to start a 'Pressure Cooker Free Zone' campaign. Anybody who buys meat needs a background check.

Sexual orientation is a protected class (just like gender, race and religion). Firearm ownership is not.

I'm not going to jump on the dogpile and berate you before I ask you to clarify what you meant by this statement. I admit my first reaction was to call out the obvious error of this statement, BUT it can also be read in the context of you pointing out the "social prejudices" being perpetrated upon society... Please qualify with some quantifications if you would.

We have recent court rulings (Heller comes to immediate attention) that contradict the face of your statement.

What say you?

Actually, I was looking for citation of this "right". I understand that it is a perceived right, but the point is that we had a forum member say that homosexuality is a protected "class" and firearm owners are not. I was able to cite the exact location of protection for the firearms owners(2A) and am waiting patiently for the location of the Right To Sodomize. Again, because a bunch of liars pretend it to be true, does not a law make.

:s0064: crickets

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top