JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Eyes wide shut: McGinn-spin sputters with Van Susteren

Anti-gun Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn admitted during an interview Friday night with Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren that “If someone is determined to come in (to a business) with a gun, decal or no decal, that’s going to happen.”

<broken link removed>

News from the "zone of happy thoughts"

Interesting post. I thougt the Aurora Colorado theater had one of those signs. Didn't the guy scout out which theaters had the signs and the one closest to his home had no sign. the Mayor more or less stated the most obvious fact "someone who is determined will enter. So what does that tell the bad buys. What about the UCS data that a gun was used over 2 million times without being discharged??

Businesses have the right to deny service to those with a firearm. But don't have the right not to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian couple, due to religious beliefs.

Oh wait...that's Oregon.

I believe the term for Comissar McGinn and those who susscribe to his socio/political Weltanschauung is Blissninny.
When I find myself having to go to Seattle I go strapped like Josey Wales, and if some establishment run by Blissninnies chooses to post their moronic decals they are perfectly free to refuse my business, and I am free to spend my money elsewhere.

Businesses have the right to deny service to those with a firearm. But don't have the right not to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian couple, due to religious beliefs.

Sexual orientation is a protected class (just like gender, race and religion). Firearm ownership is not.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of mentally deficient individual would purchase a cake, or for that matter pay for any sort of work, from someone who fundamentally doesn't want to perform said work? I, for one, would not want to be eating any of that cake!

Gunfixx: "he has sealed his fate of not being re-elected."
If only this were true, but the folks who put him into office also think that they would be ostracized by their friends and families if they were to watch Van Sustern - or anything else on Fox - so they wouldn't have seen that "their mayor" was such an idiot.
Or they would blindly agree with him, and call her "racist" or something.

Lemmings!

Interesting post. I thougt the Aurora Colorado theater had one of those signs. Didn't the guy scout out which theaters had the signs and the one closest to his home had no sign. the Mayor more or less stated the most obvious fact "someone who is determined will enter. So what does that tell the bad buys. What about the UCS data that a gun was used over 2 million times without being discharged??
The one he selected was something like a 20 min drive, all the close ones allowed carrying.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Sexual orientation is a protected class (just like gender, race and religion). Firearm ownership is not.

Tell that to the writers of the Constitution and it's amendments! They thought the right to own weapons was so important that they put it just after free speach.

Deen

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

He is right about one thing.

Those decals mean absolutely nothing to me, nor will change my carrying habits.
Probably true for me too as we haven't been to Seattle in over 5 years.

Deen

I'll agree that there is something absolutely "brilliant" about discouraging responsible peoples' business with a sticker that will not deter criminal elements. They just don't get it that they are selectively asking for criminal traffic. Back to Bus 101.

Then what the hell was the point of including it in The Constitution? Or have you been listening to the enemy and under the impression that The Constitution only protects free speech, gays, black teens bashing Neighborhood Watch members skulls into the concrete, Muslim's right to Sharia Law in MI, transgender and peoples right to "Not Be Afraid"?

I'm curious, since we know where firearms ownership is protected(Second Amendment), where exactly is the Right To Sodomize protected in The Constitution? I've had a lot of people obviously on the left question my understanding of The Constitution on this site lately. No wonder they don't get where I'm coming from. They believe the rules of America are written by Eric Holder, Barack Obama, Chris Matthews, Al Sharpton and Dianne Fienstein.

The Right to Sodomy is undoubtedly ensconced in various emanations and penumbras along with the unfettered right to abortion. We must remember that in the current state of jurisprudence in America rights created out of whole cloth by liberal shysters in black robes trump those specifically enumerated on the Constitution because they apply to to the Democrats' base, while enumerated rights generally apply to to FREEFOR. The Dems reap the benefit.

Can't decide who I like less, McGinn or Van Sustren. Ugh what a harpie. Why do news networks insist on hiring these awful nasal women?

At least Van Sustren earned it. She's too ugly too just be put on Fox News. Jenna Lee she is not. She was a prosecuting attorney and is a pretty tough interviewer. She is also intelligent.

At least she isn't Chris Matthews, Melissa Harris-Perry, Anderson Cooper or whatever other liar MSNBC or CNN hires just to do Obama's lying for him.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top