JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The concept of binding arbitration seems to elude the mayor. Maybe he's trying to make a legacy as the worst mayor in the history of the city.

Pardon my n00b-ness, but I don't know anything about the mayor as I moved here from the Midwest recently. Who wants to provide the highlights for me? :D

Pardon my n00b-ness, but I don't know anything about the mayor as I moved here from the Midwest recently. Who wants to provide the highlights for me? :D
Most of it centers around the fact that he's gay, and that he had an affair with a 17 year old intern at his previous post.

Not that he's gay. The fact is when another gay man first outed the sex with a minor thing noted upthread, just saying what the truth was it later turned out, Adams attacked and went after him personally in a big way. First repeatedly calling him a liar in public and then following it up with an extensive back stabbing leaks and innuendo campaign smearing the guy personally. It was just such a slimy thing to do to an honest guy. The man has no honor.

..I might need to wiki that, as it might be the definition of what a politician is:) Hmmmm

Read that last paragraph of the linked story from the Portland Police Association as another instance of that.

In a statement, the PPA said:

"By appealing the arbitrator's decision, you (Adams) are breaking your word that arbitration would be 'final and binding.' From the very beginning, the Portland Police Association trusted the integrity of the arbitration process. If the arbitrator had upheld Officer Frashour's termination, the Portland Police Association would have honored it."

I'm wondering if this does get litigated further based on Adams rejection of the arbitration ruling, could he be held personally liable for the costs?

Outside of the other responses, he's done plenty. Basically, anything he's touched as mayor has turned to crap.

He has a habit of missing speaking engagements and spends money on pet projects while letting basic infrastructure crumble. He tried to misappropriate public money, either giving it to a private company or using water bureau funds as scholarships. He's gotten into public squabbles with the former police chief and county commissioners. He resolved the issue with the police chief by taking over the bureau and firing the chief. His handling of the occupy movement was controversial and expensive. He's helped influence the Columbia River Crossing which is currently a mess. He also wanted to take over all the bridges over the Willamette from the county.

There's more but that should provide some insight. Adams ineptness and poor policies will continue to negatively impact Portland after he's finished as mayor.

What's the big deal. Refusing to reinstate this killer cop might be the only decent thing this asshat has done.

So called arbitration between two government entities is nothing more than a cynical joke to rape the civilian population.

So does that mean if we have had binding arbitration in the past with the city and did not like the outcome we can just not abide by it like the Mayor wants to do? Or is it only for officials to be above the law? The fact is he didn't like the way it went and he is not going to listen to it? Well if it was us they would enforce it on us if they had to by gunpoint so what gives them the right to not listen to it?

So does that mean if we have had binding arbitration in the past with the city and did not like the outcome we can just not abide by it like the Mayor wants to do? Or is it only for officials to be above the law? The fact is he didn't like the way it went and he is not going to listen to it? Well if it was us they would enforce it on us if they had to by gunpoint so what gives them the right to not listen to it?

[FONT=arial, verdana, sans-serif]It'd be really nice if we can just ignore orders from government (since they can only steal and never give), but as you say they'll just enforce the "law" at gunpoint as [/FONT]Ron Frashour did to Aaron Campbell.

With this particular event, the state killed a man then proceeded to waste yet more taxpayer money over a power grab between the cop union and the department. Since the "law" has already proven itself to be a joke (i.e. the cop is not in prison because said law pretty much allows the state to inflict violence as it pleases), I really couldn't care less what the government does as long as the killer cop doesn't get to 'protect and serve" ever again.

The concept of binding arbitration seems to elude the mayor. Maybe he's trying to make a legacy as the worst mayor in the history of the city.

It's always been about "Sam", his way or no way...his long standing conflicts of interest on many issues should have prevailed already!

The sad thing is, despite all the crap that has happened I am willing to bet the morons in Portland would have re-elected the perv if he actually ran again.

I can only hope the next mayor is smart enough to fire him as police commish when they are elected (which I doubt).

Mob mentality. The ends justify the means? As long as this guy doesn't get to be a cop, you don't care if the law is broken?

[FONT=arial, verdana, sans-serif]It'd be really nice if we can just ignore orders from government (since they can only steal and never give), but as you say they'll just enforce the "law" at gunpoint as [/FONT]Ron Frashour did to Aaron Campbell.

With this particular event, the state killed a man then proceeded to waste yet more taxpayer money over a power grab between the cop union and the department. Since the "law" has already proven itself to be a joke (i.e. the cop is not in prison because said law pretty much allows the state to inflict violence as it pleases), I really couldn't care less what the government does as long as the killer cop doesn't get to 'protect and serve" ever again.

Mob mentality. The ends justify the means? As long as this guy doesn't get to be a cop, you don't care if the law is broken?

That's rich. The bureaucratic law is the definition of mob rule. And as if the collective power of the police union is any less of a mob than the singular Sam Adams.

And you got it wrong, "mob mentality" would be the Portland citizenry lynching the killer cop on the spot. Not an outcome I desire, but on the other hand, the legal rape of the posthumous victim by government diktat is not exactly an acceptable outcome either.

Frashour must not look that great in his briefs.
If that Breedlove kid was the cop in question Sammy would welcome him back with open arms (and probably a couple other things open too).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top