Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Maybe Background checks should also be on trial

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Could Fryberg trial underscore false promises of I-594?

The trial of Raymond Fryberg, father of the Marysville-Pilchuck high school shooter, on federal firearms charges begins today, and a remark left on the KIRO News website perhaps inadvertently hints at how this proceeding just might bare the false promise of Initiative 594, whose passage was virtually guaranteed because of the fatal school shooting last October.

http://www.examiner.com/article/could-fryberg-trial-underscore-false-promises-of-i-594

tiggers97 likes this.
  2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If only truth and facts could actually get their attention, but alas, they do not. Prove them wrong a thousand times and all they'll do is deflect the argument on to us, and demand even more laws.

Only the voters can stop this nonsense. As long as we continue to vote in crazy people like this, people who hate personal freedom and liberty, we will be captive to the nanny state. We have asked for it, invited it into our homes, given it carte blanche, and continue to ask for more and more.

Caveman Jim and DuneHopper like this.
  3. DuneHopper

DuneHopper Douglas County. Well-Known Member

I just keep asking
    I just keep asking myself when did Americans see freedom and liberty as a flavor of the month club deal?
    Seems as an example 9/11 everyone waved flags and was patriotic, and a month later everyone was back to eating what ever new flavor came out. Even the Confederate flag issue for a moment gave hope to the patriotic. Liberal-antis have great success because they do not wait for a 9/11 or other patriotic issue they create their own and masterfully one might add. The liberal owned media froths at the mouth awaiting the next tidbit. However the Patriot in America waits until the Liberal Anti does something and then rallies together. SB941 was not new, it was attempted before and when the Democrat had the majority in November who rallied? No one, they waited until Prozanski files to again be patriotic. the problem is ab predictable as the Antis are umm so are we. What we do is the equivalent of giving the other team our playbook and then we act surprised when they see us coming ? Prozanski should not have been recalled for 2015 and SB941 he should have been recalled in 2014 with 1551, by not doing anything and acting like we won in 2014 we ended up losing as well in 2014. We need a Messiah with vision, that will take on the fight anew and not just do the same predictable crap. I told the misses last year Prozanski will win, because he showed he would do what the Liberal Anti asked. And the Conservative responses to 2014 elections was Zzzzzzzz . The Conservative was response was way way after the elections closed the following year in 2015.

freestoneangler likes this.
  4. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think the popularity of Trump is a sign that people are ready for someone on the right to use the same types of tactics as the opposition has been using. Calling names, belittling people, generating fear, all have been proven to be advantageous. As has been noted before, it's right out of the Alinsky playbook. They have attacked gun owners not by the use of facts or reason, but by using fear, lies, disinformation and redirection. Emotion is how they rally their base. And they are really, really, really good at getting them fired up. On the pro-gun side, people tend to remain calm and respectable up to the point where their rights have already been taken away. Reactive rather than pro-active. And I think part of the reason for that is that we assume the other side will play the way we want to play - with logic and reason - but, of course, they don't.

Until our side learns to play dirty (as much as I hate that thought), things will continue to get worse. We need to learn to call them out publicly, shame them if necessary, and fight dirty tactics with dirty tactics. Many 'professional' politicians and political advisers on the right would say you can't win that way. Funny, seems to have worked very well for their opposition.

whiskeybill and DuneHopper like this.
  5. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

Indeed--anyone have a plan for rolling up our sleeves and getting to work?

If you don't feel like giving that scumbag Alinsky's estate a dime (and I don't), you can download Rules for Radicals free at https://archive.org/details/RulesForRadicals .

6. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

7. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

At least he was honest. Most anti-gunners won't fully admit to their position and instead of amending the Constitution, which would be the upstanding process, they rather engage in erosion tactics, which is nothing else than lowering the bar from 2/3 to propose, and 3/4 of States to actually ratify, to a mere 51% of the public. The erosion tactics, also known as salami tactics or boiling the frog tactics, keeps changes small as not to awake any suspicion on the greater goal. Sneaky, sneaky, and cowardly.

donaldc, blackadder, bnsaibum and 2 others like this.
  8. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

It's already been watered down, all you have to do is get a majority of nine self-proclaimed gods in black robes. :(

9. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Well stated. If you think about the succession of events, year over year, it is the perfect storm. Tear down their values (religion first, then the Constitution), create victims (then be their defenders), and lastly, overrun and infiltrate (Syria up next).

If you have not seen the two movies by Dinesh De Souza, I recommend them. Easy to understand why the media was in full court press squelching them from mainstream prior to the 2008 election.

Dyjital likes this.
  10. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

My question is, should a so called permanent domestic violence protection order that had been issued by the Tulalip Tribal Court in 2002 have any weight under Federal Law?

11. jackrv

jackrv Wood Village, Oregon Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

I would have to say this is more important than a juror saying he doesn't think anyone should own guns:

U.S. District Judge James Robart granted a request from prosecutors to prohibit Fryberg from claiming he wasn’t aware he could not have firearms because of the non-expiring protection order.

Looks like the fix is in.