JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone!
Wow, it's been a while since I've posted as all of my FAQs are answered before I ask them haha. But anyways, I have a P226 and I noticed the top flat part of my barrel is starting to turn silver. Is this a common occurrence? Should I have any concern with the wear? My slide seems to be unaffected and I would hope it would continue to be that way.

Btw, I clean/lube my gun after every use with CLR.

Thanks!

the top flat part on both my sigs came silver from the factory. I've never seen a sig where the top flat part was black like the sides.

BTW I believe it is called the "locking lug." :p

If the "barrel hood" was originally blue, as you shoot your gun, the bluing will wear off the top of the barrel hood/chamber. I have several semi autos that have blued barrels and all of them have wear on top of the barrel. It's not a big deal at all. If you don't like it, get some bluing paste from bimart and touch it up.

If the "barrel hood" was originally blue, as you shoot your gun, the bluing will wear off the top of the barrel hood/chamber. I have several semi autos that have blued barrels and all of them have wear on top of the barrel. It's not a big deal at all. If you don't like it, get some bluing paste from bimart and touch it up.

On a sig the barrel hood also functions as the locking lug. It is a little different from the original browning design. Notice: no locking lugs in the usual place.

Anyway... as far as I know, all sigs come from the factory with some kind of black finish on the entire barrel except the top of the locking lug/barrel hood which is left silver.

Thanks spengo and mag for the clarification on the locking lug. Also, I guess I was that oblivious to it being originally silver...hmmm i could have sworn it was black haha.

I appreciate you both taking the time to explain!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top