JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm still un-decided on the cerakote color and style that I want for my Glock. I'm interested to see what cerakote finishes others have done.
Also, does anyone regret getting a cerakote finish?
I'd love to see newer cerakote and cerakote that was applied 3+ years ago to get a better expectation of natural wear to the finish.
Thank you

Here is a fresh one from a few weeks ago. I have a personal carry and the coating hasn't worn off yet.

42345AB1-0A07-4801-AE0D-1FBCCC34092C.jpeg 108BC57B-5184-4CD2-B7A9-4A1F4DAA72BA.jpeg 90FF5B73-8A93-43D1-B96A-45DEF85DBCA3.jpeg 27F27263-9A5F-4BFF-A941-8A1790AB64DC.jpeg

Last Edited:
Note too that if you go to Cerekote's website and click on "gallery" there are TONS of examples. And if you click on "top searches" you can further filter it by "Glocks" or you can search for your own criteria. :)

Last Edited:
Note too that if you go to Cerekote's website and click on "gallery" there are TONS of examples. And if you click on "top searches" you can further filter it by "Glocks" or you can search for your own criteria. :)

I've searched so many places and I guess it's good that I can't find exactly what I want. It's proving harder than naming my kids :s0114:

Here's some I had done by Jeremy and I have no regrets
Kahr K9 slide
Wife's Glock 17 slide
RIA frame and a Marvel Precision slide
Brownells frame and another Marvel Precision slide
Wife's Complete Remington Rand 1911

02- John's K9.JPG DSC00088.JPG DSC00077.JPG DSC00083.JPG DSC00074.JPG

Last Edited:
Jon Bush at NW Custom Firearms did the Cerokote finish on the receiver and barrel of this T/C Encore .223 several years ago. It goes to the woods 3-4 times a year and is a particular favorite of grandson #2.
TC Encore 223.jpg

Y, I have some pics of cerakoted rifles. My elk rifle:

Midnight blue:
LLATmUF.jpg

One of my other rifles that is cerakoted sniper grey:
ah65i4j.jpg

The only thing I can tell you about the finish holding up is it is pretty strong, but it can scratch if you are really hard on it. Usually my hunting rifles come home in good condition, even through I'm dragging then through the brush. Sorry, I don't have any pistols that are cerakoted. I have a local guy do mine and he does fantastic work. He is also one of the best bolt jewlers around. Good luck with your search..

Barrel cut to 11.5" by @Velzey some years ago..... amazing workmanship!
View attachment 631899View attachment 631900

Raw aluminum lower Ceracoated by @LuckySG earlier this year... can you tell which lower is factory anodized vs Ceracoat?
View attachment 631896
View attachment 631897

Both @Velzey and @LuckySG do stellar work!:s0155:
Stomper, do you have some sort of cerakote finish on the polymer stock? I'm wondering if a clear coat where I rest my cheek would keep my makeup from transferring?

Well..... makeup getting smudged isn't one of the things I have to deal with... LMAO!! :s0140:

Due to my military training, I'm a nose-tip to charging handle guy while shooting the AR platform, but to answer your question..... no, the buffer tube is standard type-III anodizing, and standard polymer fittings. I wouldn't recommend a standard clear coat on that.... maybe wear smudge-proof make-up while shooting instead?

Maybe it's Maybelline..... :D
4AD9C59D-E34A-463E-9893-A5DD8BEF8E3D.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top