JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hope this post doesn't jinx me. I am in line for a 3rd and in person interview for a position base in Camas. We currently enjoy the free country of Iowa having moved there from California. I realize the 2nd Amendment is under attach but I think WA has a long way to go to match draconian laws of CA. Anyway how is the quality of living in Camas? Also want to point out that wife and I lived 13 years in Tacoma. She fell in love with PacNW. TIA.

Camas seems pretty nice. Was just at Safefire (indoor range) today. As long as you are not commuting down to Oregon you won't have to deal with that traffic. Housing is a little less expensive there as well compared to CA and Portland. Of course compared to Iowa, probably not. Good luck with the position. :)

Also, take a look at real estate in Washougal. If you like craft beer, Camas has Grains of Wrath and Mill City Brewing. Over in Washougal there is a gun store, Limitless, and they have good stock of items. The port has made improvement on the waterfront, and there is now a nice trail along the Columbia River.

I hope this post doesn't jinx me. I am in line for a 3rd and in person interview for a position base in Camas. We currently enjoy the free country of Iowa having moved there from California. I realize the 2nd Amendment is under attach but I think WA has a long way to go to match draconian laws of CA. Anyway how is the quality of living in Camas? Also want to point out that wife and I lived 13 years in Tacoma. She fell in love with PacNW. TIA.
If she liked it in Tacoma, then I think she'll find quality of life even better in Camas-Washougal.

I grew up in Washougal, the quality of living is great!! Camas has the better schools if you have kids. There are a few spots you can still shoot in woods and of coarse Safefire indoor range. And ditto about all the posts above! ( except not sure what was meant by " flying hub caps" I lived there over 30 yrs)
Stacy

I moved to Vancouver from SoCal 2 years ago.

Camas is a really nice area, reminds me of the nicer areas of Orange County. Some expensive houses in the area and lots of new development. With some older stuff mixed in.

Traffic is a little rough as I don't think they prepared well for the growth

Camas is a nice small town. Safe Fire indoor range and gun shop in Camas and Limitless America is a great gun shop in Washougal, a very short distance to the east. Camas has a cozy, small town charm with good restaurants and shopping. You're 30-40 minutes from PDX and much closer to shopping and restaurants in Vancouver.
You could do a lot worse than Camas.

I grew up in Washougal, the quality of living is great!! Camas has the better schools if you have kids. There are a few spots you can still shoot in woods and of coarse Safefire indoor range. And ditto about all the posts above! ( except not sure what was meant by " flying hub caps" I lived there over 30 yrs)
Stacy
Tonya Harding

I live in Vancouver on the west side. I like it here, the usual lots of people and traffic but not as bad as Commiefornia or Seattlegrad to the north. If I could have found a house I liked on the east side I would have gone there. I was just in a hurry to buy and didn't see anything.
Gun laws are starting to get worse as Comrade Governor Inslee and Comrade Attorney General Ferguson try to emulate there comrades to the south. But if you get to town before New years get registered to vote asap and find a gun shop or shooting range that has one of the petitions to get a repeal of 1639 on the ballot. Its an ineffective law that enacts waiting periods for ALL Semi Autos and makes it illegal for those under 21 to possess them, among other annoying restrictions that makes it annoying for law abiding gun owners and does nothing to deter crime.
Welcome back to the PNW. :) Ill probably be moving to Idaho when I retire in the next 5 years, I have a hard time with a state government that appears to be mounting an attack on my Civil Rights.

Last Edited:
Camas is growing a ton! But it is still a fantastic place To live. Most parts still have a small town feel. If your traveling up and down hwy 14 it get congested.
But you have access to the gorge, outdoor areas, and they are getting ready to do a lot of expansion in the area.
Closing down the old paper mill and making it more hip. I guess is the best word for it.

Some of the best schools in the state.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads