JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's a clean up project that is well worth while. I believe we will be working all over the whole Larch Mt. area. This is not a NWFA's sponsored clean up, but, still a great way to get involved and do some good. Your volunteers hours will apply toward the free annual Discover Pass. I understand there will be a BBQ and live music in the late afternoon! ?? (Not sure on that yet).

Click the link and sign up. See you there!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=705922822762194&ref=br_tf

11th Annual Pick-Up the Burn
Saturday May 3rd, 2014
@ the Jones Creek ORV Trailhead
Safety Briefing: 9am

PS: The next official NWFA "Clean Up and Shoot" project will be the end of May, 2014. I'll be posting the event after this May 3rd Pick Up the Burn project.

Bill

Here's further info, and a web site link, on Pick Up the Burn project.

http://pistonswildforum.proboards.com/thread/2907/2014-pick-burn?ixzz30R5zZ1RI=undefined

Piston's Wild Motorsports is proud to be co-hosting the 11th Annual Pick Up the Burn in cooperation with the Pacific Cascade Region of the Department of Natural Resources.

This will be our seventh year in a row hosting this event and we have some very lofty goals to achieve. We are hoping to make this year's event "The Largest Volunteer Event on record in Washington State". To achieve that goal - we are going to need everyone's help. Please join us for whatever time you have available - two hours or all day - your participation at this event is crucial to the success of the Yacolt Burn ORV Recreation Area.

EVENT DETAILS

Please meet at the Jones Creek Trailhead (directions below) on Saturday from 8:00am - 9:00am to sign up, choose your task and get any supplies you may need.

To start the day off right -- Woody's 4x4 will be providing "Krispy Kreme" donuts for your breakfast.

After a long hard days work of cleaning up the forest please join us from 2:00pm - 4:00pm back at the Jones Creek Trailhead where Region 3 of the Pacific Northwest 4-Wheel Drive Association Board Members and members of Piston's Wild Motorsports will be serving an appreciation lunch for all volunteers.

Contact Nick Cronquist (DNR) at (360) 575-5016 if you have any general questions about this event.
Driving Directions to the Jones Creek Trailhead:

- From either northbound or southbound I-5, take I-205 exit towards Vancouver, WA.

- Use Hwy 500 East (Exit 30-Orchards Exit).
- Go east on Hwy 500 to Fourth Plain (1st light) and turn right continuing on Hwy 500 East (Camas).
- Go 6.3 miles, turn left on 53rd St.
- Go 3.2 miles, turn left on Ireland Rd.
- Go .3 miles turn left on Lessard Rd.
- Continue on Lessard Road for 4 miles and follow signs to Jones Creek ORV.

W122-18'39.13" N45-40'0.39"

Hope to see you there,

Bill

Very fun event! Ian and I had a great time! Met lots of folks from Piston's Wild, JCTR (Jones Creek Trail Riders), Jones Creek ORV, Horse people, Hikers, Dirt bikers and on and on...

Also most all the DNR Staff was there. People disbursed to all over the mountain and cleaned up lots of areas. Funny thing is, this event was primarily made up of folks from clubs of 4x4, dirt bikers, and others, however, most of the trashed areas we were working at were target shooting areas. Of all those represented, no other firearms group was there. Gee, for the volume of 'target' trash, we should be the group that becomes a primary force of clean up in our forest areas. Actually, I think we could. Not only here, but all over Or, WA and any other state that gets involed with NWFA's.

Had a great time! Here's some pics...

Ian and I.
Bill & Ian.jpg

Morning cup of Joe and some donuts.
Morning Coffee & Donuts.jpg

Safety briefing.
Parking Lot.jpg

The DNR Staff.
DNR Crew.jpg

Filled the whole dumpster!
Dumpster loading.jpg

Even had a DJ providing music and announcements!
For Greg Bryan.jpg

That's all for now. Heading out to camp. Be back Sunday night.

Bill

Crap wish I would have saw this.... I know the guys from Woodys 4x4 as I was a regular customer years ago.

Oh and that guy in the DNR staff photo 3rd from the left looks real familiar:D from a past trip to Larch......

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top