JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be there?

• Total voters
Yes is was a good time! Lots of excitement, lots of great people, lots of food and lots of trash!
PUB 5-2-15 1.jpg
PUB 5-2-15 2.jpg

Beautiful place, beautiful day. Lots of community support and help from WA DNR. Good times were had, burgers and hot dogs were consumed. We missed a lot of you NWFA folk but I look forward to seeing you all at some future cleanups. Here's a bunch of pics I snapped. Not a lot of picture taking took place during the cleanup because, hey, we were working! Anyway, enjoy the pics and remember to shoot responsibly and be good stewards of our public lands and good reps for NWFA!

DSC_0142.JPG DSC_0143.JPG DSC_0144.JPG DSC_0145.JPG DSC_0146.JPG DSC_0147.JPG DSC_0148.JPG DSC_0149.JPG DSC_0150.JPG DSC_0152.JPG DSC_0158.JPG

Beautiful place, beautiful day. Lots of community support and help from WA DNR. Good times were had, burgers and hot dogs were consumed. We missed a lot of you NWFA folk but I look forward to seeing you all at some future cleanups. Here's a bunch of pics I snapped. Not a lot of picture taking took place during the cleanup because, hey, we were working! Anyway, enjoy the pics and remember to shoot responsibly and be good stewards of our public lands and good reps for NWFA!

View attachment 236398 View attachment 236399 View attachment 236400 View attachment 236401 View attachment 236402 View attachment 236403 View attachment 236404 View attachment 236405 View attachment 236406 View attachment 236407 View attachment 236408

Great pics, billyinfinity! Thanks for being our photographer!

To those of you who could not make it yesterday, sorry to say, you missed a good time. It's at these events where we meet and make new friends, share comradery, and build a stronger foundation to the mission of NWFA.

NWFA exists to Support Gun Owners of the Pacific Northwest. Consider two of the three goals of our mission statement;

Organization - Provide resources for firearm owners to organize themselves in support of the 2nd Amendment.

Advocacy - Educate the public on safe firearm use and ownership, while promoting land stewardship, shooting sports, hunting, and self defense.

It is at these clean ups, as well as the NWFA Target Shooter Information Program, where we walk the talk, strengthen our stance, support gun owners of the Pacific Northwest and further the goals of our mission statement. It's where we put those printed words into action.

We hope to bring you more opportunities to get together and meet face to face. This summer we'd like to have a barbeque get together or just simply share a pizza and beer. We'll do a few more clean up projects. And, the Information Booth will be running all summer. Plenty of opportunities for you to share in the efforts to support gun owners. Looking forward to it!

Bill

Last Edited:
How soon is next cleanup planned. I know they are posted but i need to give as big of a notice as possible.

Should be June 20th or 27th. Not sure yet. We usually give about 2 weeks advanced notice. I'll try to let you know as soon as I know.

Thanks!

It was a lot of fun. I wish I could have spent more time, but I did what I could. Lots of trash up there. We should all be conscious of taking an extra trash bag every time we go out and just clean some... Might even be worth leaving a couple bags on a nail with a note for others to clean. We have to be able to do something about the other shooters out there that leave the place a sty.

It was a lot of fun. I wish I could have spent more time, but I did what I could. Lots of trash up there. We should all be conscious of taking an extra trash bag every time we go out and just clean some... Might even be worth leaving a couple bags on a nail with a note for others to clean. We have to be able to do something about the other shooters out there that leave the place a sty.

Does not matter what you leave people will either make a mess of it or just take it....It is sad how people think....

I left a grill I made for a fire pit at a camp spot we use during the summer. Well less than 2 weeks and it was gone.....came back and trash and bottles in the fire pit :rolleyes: I have to clean it up every time we camp there and make a run in the boat to get rid of the trash as I dont want it around......

You have an idea what area is targeted for cleanup?

Not sure yet. I'm thinking it may be Tillamook State Forest. Really, every forest needs constant clean ups. If we kept at it, even every other week, we would all get burned out and not have much summer to enjoy. Besides, after the April SOLVE clean ups, ours and this one in WA, many of the popular places are in fair shape. So, we get a little break now and will be ready to do a couple more.

Be sure to report any sitings of trash conditions between now and then.

Have a blast!

I like that idea. Spectra is probably right, however, it's worth considering. We've been discussing ways to have a 'realtors' type of flier box with handouts about rules and ethics. If we can figure out a 'bullet proof' way to do that, including trash bags would be a no brainer.

Thanks, Goose!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads