JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello friends.
I have received the vote by mail ballot, and need to fill it out. There are a lot of circles here to fill with #2 pencil, and I was hoping to get some help.
Is there a way to check the state nominees against protection of Second Amendment rights? Better yet, is there a website or outfit that will just tell me all the boxes to check based on parallel interests?
I know I could do all the research and what not, but as far as politics go, I only have two priority issues: keep your laws off my rights and don't raise my taxes. I do care about everything else, but not as much.
Thanks in advance for any help offered!
M

Hello friends.
I have received the vote by mail ballot, and need to fill it out. There are a lot of circles here to fill with #2 pencil, and I was hoping to get some help.
Is there a way to check the state nominees against protection of Second Amendment rights? Better yet, is there a website or outfit that will just tell me all the boxes to check based on parallel interests?
I know I could do all the research and what not, but as far as politics go, I only have two priority issues: keep your laws off my rights and don't raise my taxes. I do care about everything else, but not as much.
M

*EDIT! The page numbers in the voter's pamphlet in my comment below are for the Washington County pamphlet - will probably be different page numbers for other counties!
Did you get a Voters' Pamphlet? On page 29*, under Sam Carpenter in the section "What I Believe" it states: "Fully support the Second Amendment, as written."

Others that state pro second amendment positions are Bruce Cuff on page 29*, and Greg Wooldridge on page 27*.

Here is the link to Sam Carpenters position on his website makeoregongreatagain.com This is the strongest second amendment position I have ever seen by any candidate:
Sam Carpenter on Gun Control Policy - Make Oregon Great Again

You can see why Sam is very popular on this website. Knute Buehler does not mention 2A on his website or in the Voters' Pamphlet - at least I could not find it, but he has voted pro-gun on his votes while in office. I'm voting Sam, but will vote for any R to beat Brown in November.

Recommend filling in ballot with black pen, not pencil - pencil will make it easier for anti-gunners to cheat!

*EDIT! The page numbers in the voter's pamphlet in my comment are for the Washington County pamphlet - will probably be different page numbers for other counties!

Last Edited:
Did you get a Voters' Pamphlet? On page 29, under Sam Carpenter in the section "What I Believe" it states: "Fully support the Second Amendment, as written."

Others that state pro second amendment positions are Bruce Cuff on page 29, and Greg Wooldridge on page 27.

Here is the link to Sam Carpenters position on his website makeoregongreatagain.com This is the strongest second amendment position I have ever seen by any candidate:
Sam Carpenter on Gun Control Policy - Make Oregon Great Again

You can see why Sam is very popular on this website. Knute Buehler does not mention 2A on his website or in the Voters' Pamphlet - at least I could not find it, but he has voted pro-gun on his votes while in office. I'm voting Sam, but will vote for any R to beat Brown in November.

Recommend filling in ballot with black pen, not pencil - pencil will make it easier for anti-gunners to cheat!
Good Idea
I would not put cheating past them

Sam Carpenter in the section "What I Believe" it states: "Fully support the Second Amendment, as written."
This is the exact statement that inspired me to do some research. That statement Carpenter made had me believe that if I search out other candidate's positions, I may find which boxes to fill in.
Is posting up here asking questions considered "doing research"? There's just so many other people to vot for. I used to just leave them blank, but in these days I no longer trust that logic.

This is the exact statement that inspired me to do some research. That statement Carpenter made had me believe that if I search out other candidate's positions, I may find which boxes to fill in.
Is posting up here asking questions considered "doing research"? There's just so many other people to vot for. I used to just leave them blank, but in these days I no longer trust that logic.

OFF have the information on all candidate's 2nd amendment stance with a rating. I use there research .and vote for the highest rated on 2a

Last Edited:
Just so people know, don't vote for Bruce Cuff. Read the following from one of my other posts.

I know we are running out of time since the ballots have already been mailed out I just wanted to point out some things that have just came to my attention recently. Everything that I have seen shows Sam Carpenter is the lead opposition to Knute Buehler's campaign but just be for we all vote, Bruce Cuff has stopped his campaign for Governor and has decided to indorse Greg Wooldridge's. Representative Bill Post has also endorsed Greg but all of this has happened in the final hour making things very uncertain of the outcome. Having said that, I can't imagine this division is going to end well for us. It looks to me that Knute will be the biggest beneficiary of this last minute move. :-/

Hello friends.
M

I received a ballot but the wrong one I recently changed partys . New one should be here soon .when I called it seem to like pulling teeth to get a new one like they where going around the fact that I changed party's after 40 years to vote in the primary.

I received a ballot but the wrong one I recently changed partys . New one should be here soon .when I called it seem to like pulling teeth to get a new one like they where going around the fact that I changed party's after 40 years to vote in the primary.

Thank you for switching parties for this extremely important election year. Just a reminder, all ballots must be received in an election drop box or election office via mail by 8pm on the 15th. Postal cancellations do not comply with the designated deadline.

I didn't see it. she's A++++++ in my book. OOF needs to get their scat wired tight and do what they need to do to get her on the list.
She's there. They gave her a B+.

"It is important to note that the highest grade we can give to a candidate who does not have a voting record is "B+". These grades were assigned based on the candidates' answers to our candidate survey. Any candidate who is not marked as an incumbent and has received a "B+" has answered our survey 100% pro gun. Please take that into consideration when you make your choices."

Thank you for switching parties for this extremely important election year. Just a reminder, all ballots must be received in an election drop box or election office via mail by 8pm on the 15th. Postal cancellations do not comply with the designated deadline.
the voting office was trying to confuse me or i did not understand. if i was anything but a republican am i allowed to vote for sam ? & is SAM still the best choice ? I've been unaffiliated since the late 1970 s . i use OFF voting info is there something else i should look at ? only 1 issue matters to me at this time. thx 4 your time

the voting office was trying to confuse me or i did not understand. if i was anything but a republican am i allowed to vote for sam ? & is SAM still the best choice ? I've been unaffiliated since the late 1970 s . i use OFF voting info is there something else i should look at ? only 1 issue matters to me at this time. thx 4 your time

If you were registered as a Republican by end of the business day on April 24th you can vote for Sam or any other Republican Primary candidate(s). Republican only! If you were still registered as an Independent or Democrat after this deadline, you will only be allowed to vote for your designated party respectively. No non-affiliated right-ins allowed and the other parties do not vote in the Primaries.

If you were registered as a Republican by end of the business day on April 24th you can vote for Sam or any other Republican Primary candidate(s). Republican only! If you were still registered as an Independent or Democrat after this deadline, you will only be allowed to vote for your designated party respectively. No non-affiliated right-ins allowed.

I made it in time.

I made it in time.

Thanks for making the switch. I am a Libertarian/Independent at heart but I refuse to throw away my vote which is basically giving a vote to the opposition. I have spent a lot of time trying to sway other voters to this line of reasoning and only hope we get enough support to make a difference in these elections.

~ WWG1WGA

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top