JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, so this has been discussed on other forums, but has anyone here successfully reloaded the MaxxTech 9mm Stepped cases? FullSizeRender-1_zps94vtqaod.jpg

I haven't been able to find results from anyone who's intentionally reloaded these rounds. The lesser volume would mean higher pressures with the same grains from loading a normal case. So you would have to lower the grain, and maybe change the powder?

I had some spent 115g Maxxtech rounds and noticed that my HSM 124gr bullets set down on the step to an OAL of 1.125", so I was thinking i'd maybe try to load some and see how it goes. I only have HP-38 powder at the moment. Do you think I could get away with it at a lower weight of like 3.6-3.8gr?(the recommended range for HP-38 9mm is 3.9-4.4gr)

How does sizing/decapping feel? does it have crimped primer pockets? When normal 9mm brass is so freaking plentiful, Personally, I wouldn't mes with it. Butt-hey, you want to experiment, have at it. :D

How does sizing/decapping feel? does it have crimped primer pockets? When normal 9mm brass is so freaking plentiful, Personally, I wouldn't mes with it. Butt-hey, you want to experiment, have at it. :D

Resizing really wasn't too bad. There were a couple that were a little hard to press, but they were all easier to resize than some Aguilas I had, with non-centered flash holes.

the problem is that there's now a ring on the outside of the brass at the height of the step inside. It seems pretty clear that these cases will separate at that line/crease eventually. The question is after how many loads though?

I'm probably going to just throw these into the scrap pile. I'd hate to get a ring of brass lodged into my chamber and then have another round jamb in after. I've already had a handgun blow up in my hand from shooting someone else's reloads, so I'd have to say I've had enough fair warning to not tempt fate again.

I believe this bizarre brass was discussed on ifish and the concern of over pressure issues due to less space in the case. It's hard to tell from the pics if it's just a band inside? Or is it more like an insert going all the way to the bottom of the case? Not worth messing with IMO.

It goes all the way down. I think other forums were saying it was a pressed insert, but the whole case looks like 1 solid piece of brass to me. Yeah, this ammo is a bummer, I hope our US producers don't follow suit.

I would think that the original manufacturer has figured out the pressure range with a specific powder at that volume. They are probably using the step as a method of seating the bullet at a specific depth. No reason why you couldn't do the same thing yourself.

Well, the science of explosions in front of your face may be a reason not to experiment!:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top