JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got it today out of bi mart. I don't know about other locations but they are hard to find here in Spokane.
It's gonna get a pistol grip and a sling like my maverick 88 20 ga. Youth model

20200819_162446.jpg 20200819_162400.jpg

Couple weeks ago I got the full size 12 gauge Maverick 88 from big 5 in Vancouver shoots great, I picked up the adapter for shooting the mini shells going to try that out sometime

I know someone who has the 6" version of this. Got the opportunity to shoot it. I felt it
was quite mangeable. I only tried bird and buck but next time, I will try with slugs.
Mini-shells worked well with the Opsol adapter. It has quick pointability for close in jobs :)

I love my Maverick 88. Wish I would have gotten the 20in with the 7 shot though.

I did upgrade mine with Blackhawk adjustable recoil reduction stock. Also added a 590 action slide and nut with a Houge Overmolded Forend. Also tossed a $30 heatshield and xs big dot sights.....

Shoulda just bought the 590a1 I saw for 450 in February.......but least it's been fun.

Still looking for a 590a1 trigger group for the all metal and no safety. Also thinking about cutting the barrel and adding a breacher tip to get back to 18"

Pictures man!! Pictures!!!
I got a picture.:D
This is my 88. All I've done to it is to add the sling. The sling's on backwards because I carry it muzzle down. I've considered a handguard and a set of fiber optic/ghost ring sights. The sights make sense, the handguard is just fluff.
These are inexpensive shotguns that work flawlessly. I recommend them highly, especially if money is tight.
Mav88.jpg

There are a couple of different Maverick 88's, I have the 7+1 model while my oldest son has the 5+1

I have the 5+1 model for my Maverick 88 as well. I bought a side saddle that holds 6 extra shells, and a tri-rail so I can mount a light. I also have a sling but I needed to buy an attachment for the barrel nut since it not come with a swivel by default.

The Outdoor Connection Total Mag Cap Sling Swivel Stud Mossberg 500

I ordered one from EBay sometime ago now and fit perfectly.

Mossberg 500 / Maverick 88 12 GA Sling Mounting Kit With Swivels - S-8102 for sale online | eBay

Last Edited:
Can I ask what the advantage of the 18.5 inch barrel on a 88 would be? Thanks. Frank,
Not only home defense, but personal defense in the great outdoors. Alternating Buckshot and slugs in the mag gives one the firepower to stop darn near anything and the shorter barrel is easier to pack around and maneuver in tight quarters.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top