JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay so I've decided i wanna beef up my Maverick 88 by givin it a few things. Im looking at a heat shield, pistol grip with solid stock. and a pistolgrip forend. but as i've read no one makes them so id have to switch out the 88 barrel and mag for a 590 or a 500 and then i can get the grip. Would all that be worth it and about what price range am i looking at? from just glancing i see about 100 in just accessories not the barrel change out and the forend grip.

okay so i guess i wont be wanting to do the barrel exchange right away. i can live with that. But do you know of anywhere to buy a integrated flashlight forend? like they all have in the swat movies?

Surefire makes a tactical fore end for the Mossberg 500/590. I don't know if it will fit your Maverick or not. I have heard back and forth about your gun on interchangability. There are other fore ends out there that less expensive. Stay away from the cheap ones that mount a Picatinny rail to the front of the fore end. I've heard that those do a good job smacking your hand with the rail. Ouch!

Most of what I've heard is that pretty much everything but fore ends are interchangeable. Then I've heard from others that you can switch them. Makes me wonder if those who claim you can have actually tried it or not.

Ha yea. Speaking of Savage. I dont know if you know anything about em But i've heard good about their .22 rifles. This true? or look more into ruger? which would be typically cheaper?

I personally have no experience with those particular Savages. I have a really old Stevens semi 22lr. It has lasted through way more rounds then I can dream of counting. I also have a 10/22. I don't know the availability of after market parts for the Savage but that's the big advantage with the Ruger. In my opinion the 10/22 kinda sucks when it's totally stock. You need a few definite upgrades right off the bat. It also is a shame that it seems to be a bit cheaper quality these days. My friend has one that is almost 4 years old. Mine is a little over a year. Mine has more plastic parts to it, mainly the trigger guard from what I know of off the top of my head.

I do have a few year old Savage bolt action 22lr. I love that gun. I have a fairly basic Bushnell scope on it. I haven't ever shot it from a bench to dial it in really tight or see how good it really is, or isn't. I do know that it will confidently hit a golf ball from the other side of a gravel pit. That's all I care about.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top