JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i have had this mauser for a bit and wanted to throw a 22-250 barrel and replacement stock on it and shoot some slightly backed off hand loads at the range etc. The receiver has some pitting on it though as you can see in the photos. I did some light 300 grit wet sanding on it to remove the lighter pits.

I have shot a handful of surplus rounds through it but always kinda have the ehhh feeling about it.

What do you guys think?

Thanks 20150212_213517.jpg 20150212_213534.jpg

So i have had this mauser for a bit and wanted to throw a 22-250 barrel and replacement stock on it and shoot some slightly backed off hand loads at the range etc. The receiver has some pitting on it though as you can see in the photos. I did some light 300 grit wet sanding on it to remove the lighter pits.

I have shot a handful of surplus rounds through it but always kinda have the ehhh feeling about it.

What do you guys think?

ThanksView attachment 210960 View attachment 210961

Just an opinion, as I have fired far worse than that. And actually that looks pretty damned good.
I would shoot it as long as it headspaces ok and the barrel was not blocked and there were no signs of cracks on the bolt or lugs.
But that is just me. :) A little surface pitting is nothing.
If you are nervous about it stop by a good smith and have them look it over.
My guess is it will be just fine.

I have shot much worse also. The large ring mauser receiver is among the strongest out there. Of course if you feel it is not acceptable to shoot I would always take it off your hands:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top