JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got this from my Uncle awhile back.. he's now gone, and I'm not entirely sure exactly what it is..other than a Mauser..

guns016-1.jpg
guns017-1.jpg
guns018-1.jpg
guns019-1.jpg
guns020.jpg
guns021.jpg
guns022.jpg

They were 6.5 and 7.7 mm. Not sure if that is a type 99 or a 30. The stocks were motly two piece because large trees big enough for a one piece stock in Japan during the war were rare! Looks like it had a problem with the bolt handle.

Nope not allot of value there.

They were 6.5 and 7.7 mm. Not sure if that is a type 99 or a 30. The stocks were motly two piece because large trees big enough for a one piece stock in Japan during the war were rare! Looks like it had a problem with the bolt handle.

Nope not allot of value there.

The stock issue is a bit perplexing because the Japanese had plenty of Asian holdings at that time for excellent wood supplies. Must have been a supply line thing

The single vent hole on top of the receiver bridge identifies it as a Type 99 Arisaka, and they were only made in 7.7x58 Jap. But, considering that it's been sporterized it's anyones guess as to whether your uncle had its chamber modified to accept another cartridge. Unless you found documents he left or ammo he used, I would recommend a gunsmith do a chamber cast for a positive identification. The markings indicate it was made at a Mazda mfg facility in WW2 era Japan. Hope this helps - Tim of Vancouver

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top