Southwest Firearms
HighLine Firearms
Simply Triggers
Buster Beaver Cerakote
J&B Firearm Sales
Defensive Arts

yj93ben

Reactions
I'm selling a few rifles for an estate. One is a Mauser mod.98, I think. Here are a few pictures of marking on the rifle. Any info would be useful. DSCN1167.JPG DSCN1168.JPG DSCN1169.JPG DSCN1170.JPG DSCN1171.JPG DSCN1172.JPG DSCN1173.JPG DSCN1174.JPG DSCN1175.JPG DSCN1176.JPG

yj93ben

Reactions
Pix of complete rifle would be helpful.
Looks to have been sporterized.
Value will depend on just how much it has been changed from Full Military Dress..
DSCN1178.JPG DSCN1179.JPG Really just trying to find out the caliber, manufacturer and date. On the receiver is marked 243 and below that 1940. Above that on the barrel is 7.9

Good looking sporter for sure.

7.9 = 7.92x57mm , commonly called 8mm Mauser.

With that said...
It may be wise to have a chamber cast done...to see if the caliber has been changed when the rifle was sporterized.
Andy

"243" = Mauser AG Borsigwalde....that was the maker...
"1940" ..is the year....
Caliber should be 8mm Mauser...as I said above...I'd get a chamber cast just to be sure...
Andy

yj93ben

Reactions
You know what’ll bring that back to collector grade? A really good scrubbin’ with some steel wool and sandpaper, that’s what!

:s0023::s0108:
Yeah, I talked with my gunsmith about cleaning up a bit. Maybe Cerakote or re-bluing it, Maybe find some military furniture for it. Try and get some of its former glory back.

Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Cerberus Training Group
Sporting Systems
Southwest Firearms
Let Freedom Ring

Upcoming Events

Jefferson State Shooting Association Gun Show
Klamath Falls, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Redmond, OR
Rickreall Winter Gun Show