JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey NWFA, just curious if it could be done. I know it would take some modifications to the 700 stock to allow it, if it is even possible. I was wondering what exactly would need to be done for it to fit. Thanks everybody in advance!

Yes, it is possible. If the stock is a synthetic, then the internals would need to be hogged out and the new action re-bedded. I would not suggest undertaking it, as it would take a bunch of work. The rear tangs are significantly different. There would be a need to mill out the area for the tang and then build up the area around it. It would not be easy.

Thanks MountainBear, I was looking at a picture of the two side-by-side and it didn't look like there was a whole lot of a difference. Although, that doesn't mean it's true. I couldn't see the depth, or main differences between the two. It just doesn't seem like there's all to many nice looking synthetic sporter stocks out there for Mausers. Thanks for the response though.

Hey CodyX
Go look at Boyds gun stocks they have M98 stocks in a couple different styles. I did a m96 in Grey and Black only took about a hour to inlet. took 2 days for true oil finnish but turned out real nice. It was cheep $69

It would most likely not be worth the work.... I re-inleted a CZ 750 stock to accept a mauser action and a custom made DBM system... lots of work but the CZ and mauser are MUCH closer than a Rem 700 and Mauser.

021.jpg

001-12.jpg

211.jpg