JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some US 8x57 is/was a compromise.

Ammunition:

Bruce
Seller & Bellot makes .318 8mm Mauser ammo...works well with a GEW88 Mauser.
I once had a guild gun based on the GEW88....and the Seller & Bellot ammo shoot nicely in it.
Andy
Thank you

when i had a commision 88, the 8mmJ ammo was already collector stuff. i handloaded .321 bullets meant for .32 win. special, as did many others. the chamber neck diameter of my 88 rifle did not allow for the use of .323 bullets anyway.
good luck finding loaded ammo.
hawk bullets in new jersey is your best bet for jacketed .318 bullets.

Last Edited:
i handloaded .321 bullets meant for .32 win. special,
When I was about 22 years old and didn't yet know anything about reloading, I got a Lee Loader kit for 8mm Mauser. Next, I went to a gun show and bought a can of DuPont 4064 (seemed about right) and a baggie of bullets. These were pulls and the bag was marked, "Mauser 8mm." I couldn't figure out why they were a loose fit. I later discovered that they weren't "Mauser" bullets, they were for .32 Win. Spec. Or maybe .32 Rem. Live and learn.

I have a Kar88 that is .318. I ordered Woodleigh Bullets 8x57mm Mauser (318 Diameter) 200 Grain Bonded Weldcore Round Nose Soft Point from MidwayUSA and reloaded standard 8mm cartridges. Ran great.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top