JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No political talk but we can post pictures of people with their brains leaking out from head shots.

Alrighty then.

I admit that I was a bit surprised too, but a number of news media posted this photo, and even showed it on the air on TV. Always with a warning, though, about it being a graphic image.

Perhaps they wanted people to see what a life of sin and murder gets you. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned from the image.

I was surprised to see that there was this little damage. Photos of Osama Bin Laden's dead body were much more graphic, despite the fact that he was also shot multiple times in the head with a 5.56mm.

Navy Seals must use far more devastating ammo, I guess. Or perhaps you don't have to obey the Hague Peace Conference , when dealing with terrorists.

We were trained to fire controlled pairs into the "incapacitation zone". Then immediately told that in real life you shoot until the body hits the ground. Then as you sweep through to the objective you put two more rounds into him before you pass by.
We also kicked the weapon several feet away from the body.

Yup. If close enough, shoot directly at the face. Don't care who y'are, ain't nobody likes getting shot in the face. Or, like our CQB instructor used to say - 'Shoot em in the eyeball. Any eyeball. Also, remember that the open mouth is best - shortest distance to the medulla oblongata - if the mouth is closed shoot through the top lip if you can, and don't stop till they do'.

Never saw anybody walk away from two or three head shots, back or front. Mouth closed or open.

tac

It is an Iron Law of Combat that no one survives a 3 round burst to the face...

The three round burst setting was put in place by military planners (officers) in order to negate training soldiers on proper fire discipline when the M16 family of rifles was updated from the A1 model to the A2. It was intended to be used for suppressive fire and it (supposedly) kept the noobs from just emptying their magazines while suppressing a target.

It has been my experience that attempting to use the 3 round burst setting for CQB generally puts 2 rounds close to each other with 1 "flyer" that can be anywhere from 1 1/2 to 5 inches high and right (as the weapon climbs from recoil)

Glad they put that dog down and saved NY some tax money and aggravation. :cool:

Looking at the image that the local TV news station broadcast of his body, I would say that he had to have been shot from multiple directions, thus implying multiple officers shooting. There appears to be an exit wound on the left side of his head behind his ear, and another exit wound out the top of his right forehead.

How could just one marksman account for both of those hits? I think that multiple officers may have hit him from multiple directions. No doubt exists that his death must have been near instant in nature.

View attachment 245199

This is exactlyt what we need to use to start fighting back aginst all the lies & BS. Every time some piece of S__t kills some innocent, SHOW IT, let those who think this is all just tv get a real dose. Let them see what these piles of dung really do and what it really looks like. (We should show 911 continuously just to stay alert). Same with criminals, SHOW THEM all bloody and dead in the street. All that, Oh the poor criminal, he's just a 6'5" baby, etc, etc, maybe will become real. That boy (Matt), he apparently didn't put his hands up either. Reality sucks, Tough Sheitt !!!

LONG POST - Meanwhile, here in UK, a member of an armed police team has been acquitted of the 2005 shooting of a total POS scumbag armed robber that got caught up in a hard traffic stop back then.
Me, I'd like to shake his hand and say thank you.

Article -

Former firearms officer Anthony Long had told jury he acted in self defence when he shot 24-year-old without warning -
2432.jpg
Anthony Long arrives at the Old Bailey. Photograph: Mark Thomas/Rex Shutterstock
A former police marksman has been cleared of murdering a suspect he shot six times, a killing that the dead man's mother said had effectively seen her son subjected to the death penalty.

Anthony Long, 58, was cleared by an Old Bailey jury of the murder of Azelle Rodney, 24, whom he shot on sight – four times in the head – in north London in 2005.

Rodney was the third suspect Long had killed in his career. Long said he fired in self-defence.

He said he did not see a gun on Rodney before he opened fire, but he could not wait because intelligence and Rodney's movements left him convinced the suspect was going to shoot at him and other officers with a machine gun that fired up to 1,000 rounds a minute. [ED - Rodney was known to possess at least one MAC10]

1755.jpg
Azelle Rodney, who was shot and killed in 2005. Photograph: Family handout/PA
An official inquiry previously rejected Long's account and found he had unlawfully killed Rodney. It also found flaws in the Metropolitan police operation that led to the killing.

Rodney was killed in Edgware after police forced a car he was travelling in to stop. Officers said they had intelligence that Rodney was part of a gang, possibly armed with automatic weapons, on its way to rob a Colombian drug gang.

His mother, Susan Alexander, said her son should have been arrested rather than shot, and said the Metropolitan police had still not learned lessons. "He did not deserve to die and we do not have a death penalty in this country," she said.

Long's acquittal takes the pressure off police chiefs who would have faced a potential rebellion from armed officers if he had become the first police marksman to be convicted of murdering a suspect.

The jury deliberated for just over 12 hours before announcing that, by a majority, they were not convinced of the prosecution case.

Long, standing in the dock in a grey suit and blue tie, nodded his thanks to the seven women and five men. Sitting nearby, Alexander showed no emotion. Both of them have endured a complaints and criminal justice system that has taken a decade to reach this point.

After the verdict, Long said: "It has been very difficult facing trial for something that happened 10 years ago when I had acted to protect the lives of others as a part of my job and based on my training and experience.

"Police firearms officers do not go out intending to shoot people and, like me in this case, have to make split-second life or death decisions based on the information available to them at the time."

Long told the jury that as his unmarked police car pulled alongside a silver Golf containing three suspects, Rodney ducked down in the rear seat and came back up. He said Rodney's movement "seemed a totally unnatural movement to me", adding: "I have never seen a suspect behave in such a distinct way."

Long said: "All I had was seconds to make the decision whether I was going to let my colleagues be shot by someone with a submachine gun or whether I was going to take life. I chose to take his life. That was the decision I made and I stand by it."

Long fired eight times from two metres away. His first two shots missed. Six hit Rodney, who died almost instantly.

Forensic and ballistic tests suggest five bullets hit Rodney as he was falling, appearing to contradict Long's account that he continued to fire because the suspect remained upright and posed a threat.

The audio track of a video recording of the incident, made by an officer in another car, as well as other data, showed that for Long's statement to be correct, within two seconds he must have seen Rodney, witnessed all the movements he said the suspect made, assessed that the suspect was about to shoot, decided himself to open fire, and fired eight times. "Mr Long cannot have seen what he claimed," said the prosecutor Max Hill QC.

Weapons were recovered from the silver Golf but there were no machine guns. One weapon, covered by yellow plastic on the rear seat, could not fire.

A pistol was recovered from the rear footwell, containing four rounds. In the same bag was a keyfob gun containing two rounds of ammunition.

1417.jpg
2005 photo of police forensics team searching the scene where armed police shot Azelle Rodney. Photograph: Edmond Terakopian/PA
During the trial, the judge, Mr Justice Sweeney ruled that Long was entitled to rely on intelligence, whether it was right or wrong.

In three recent high-profile cases, police marksmen shot suspects after they went into situations with intelligence and briefings from senior officers that they should expect to face mortal danger.

The two officers who shot Jean Charles de Menezes in 2005, after mistaking him for a suicide bomber, claimed his movements convinced them he was going to detonate a device on a London Underground train. They were not charged.

The marksman who shot dead Mark Duggan in 2011, an incident that triggered riots across England, was found by an inquest jury to have imagined Duggan had a gun in his hand. But because of his honest belief that the suspect was preparing to open fire, the officer was found to have acted lawfully.

The officers were protected from a murder charge by arguing that they had an honest belief their life or those of others were in imminent danger.

In Long's career he has been commended for bravery, disciplined, picked for prestigious firearms teaching roles, insulted by a senior officer and plucked from retirement to face trial.

In the 1980s he shot dead two men in an operation and wounded two other suspects. In 2006 Long won compensation from Scotland Yard after he met the then deputy assistant commissioner Sue Akers at a police leaving drinks. As the pair were introduced, Akers joked: "I've always wanted to meet the Met's very own serial killer."

The firearms officer threatened to sue for defamation. Scotland Yard settled out of court and he was paid £5,000 for what the force admitted were "inappropriate remarks".

Rodney's family fought a 10-year battle, first for a full and public inquiry and then for a murder prosecution. The authorities had previously tried to block an inquiry, claiming the intelligence used by law enforcement came from intercepts, disclosure of which they said was unlawful.

The two other men in the car 10 years ago, Wesley Lovell and Frank Graham, were later convicted of firearms offences. They have since been released from jail.

Alexander said of the pair: "They have walked away from the car with their lives and my son has not."

She said she was not anti-police – they had a job to do "to serve and protect the public" – and that her decade-long fight had damaged her employment, health and even seen community members shun her because of the serious criminal allegations surrounding her dead son.

End.

Long used a G36, BTW....'Long pulled the trigger eight times while no more than two metres from Rodney, shooting the suspect in the arm, body, twice around his right ear and then, after a pause of three-quarters of a second, twice through the top of his head. Long's first two shots had missed. He said: "I remember thinking if I could give him more time. I decided I could not."

tac

Last Edited:
In my experience, the three-round burst from our issue H&K MP5K looks like a 'rosette' found on a leopard skin. The ME found that one gentleman of the terrorist persuasion that was caught making a phone call in a glass phone both when we caught up with him after a police station got blown up was found to have twenty-seven such 'rosettes' decorating his body above the waist. To get an idea of my meaning, put your thumb and first and second fingers together - needless to say, the phone call went unfinished.

tac

Another possibility...
There are LEOs that don't shoot well.
Then there's LEOs that do shoot well.
Honestly, I haven't seen any don't shoot wells.
I think Matt ran into a do shoot weller.

Rick, I do believe That you may Have Been trying to say:
"... Ran into a ~more~ Better do shoot Weller..."

Its Impertinent to place the Wright SillAlibles in the Direct Locutions... :D

philipism for the day, Larnen to Spel The Mark Twain way, is bedder for the Reeder, Fur it Hlps in UdderStanding.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top