JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The coroner just disclosed that Matt was shot three times in the head. While I say good riddance I am wondering about the details. How far away was he from the shooter? What was he shot with? It seems kind of unlikely to me that he was triple tapped. Is it possible he got Bin Ladened?

The coroner just disclosed that Matt was shot three times in the head. While I say good riddance I am wondering about the details. How far away was he from the shooter? What was he shot with? It seems kind of unlikely to me that he was triple tapped. Is it possible he got Bin Ladened?

What was he shot with? Many M4 carbines have been set up with a 3 shot burst option instead of full auto. A single trigger pull fires 3 shots. That could easily explain this.

Our local police killed a suicidal teen several years ago who came at them with a big butcher knife. The officer only pulled the trigger of his M4 twice, but his gun fired six rounds.

In that incident people had also wondered why the young man had been shot so many times by the police, despite the fact that he had an 11 inch knife in his hand, and was only 20 feet from the officers and coming at them.

Colt_burst.jpg

Last Edited:
Are we going to have a long thread on the stopping power of a .223 round vs a .577 Nitro Express?

But my caliber is better than yours...neener neener neener. :D

It's pretty difficult to get 3 shots in the head on a falling body. Not saying it can't be done, just saying it's a difficult task to accomplish. Too bad there's no footage of the incident.

Are we going to have a long thread on the stopping power of a .223 round vs a .577 Nitro Express?

Well, I don't know that it has been confirmed that a 223 was definitely used. All that I have seen reported by the media is that a SWAT team confronted him, and that he refused to drop the 20 gauge shotgun he had in his hands. I think that a 223 is probably the most likely weapon used, until we hear otherwise.

If he was a stationary target, and a SWAT team had him cornered at close range, is it really that unusual that he got shot 3 times in the head? Many SWAT teams specifically train to time their shots so that they can fire simultaneously.

Perhaps that was done here in this incident.

Ok, now I've read two different reports on Matt's shooting. One says that it was a lone Vermont trooper, another a lone Federal agent.

So there appears to be at least 3 different stories being circulated about who shot Matt.

Honestly, I seriously doubt that the news media is competent enough to give us an accurate report about this incident. It would appear that reporters are reporting rumours, and not facts.

Well, I don't know that it has been confirmed that a 223 was definitely used. All that I have seen reported by the media is that a SWAT team confronted him, and that he refused to drop the 20 gauge shotgun he had in his hands. I think that a 223 is probably the most likely weapon used, until we hear otherwise.

If he was a stationary target, and a SWAT team had him cornered at close range, is it really that unusual that he got shot 3 times in the head? Many SWAT teams specifically train to time their shots so that they can fire simultaneously.

Perhaps that was done here in this incident.

I wonder if he went through the proper channels and submitted to a background check in order to get that shotgun? I mean I can't understand how he got it otherwise. :s0139:

He was supposedly shot by a member of the Border Patrol Tactical Unit so it could have been a tactical weapon on burst mode as Lance pointed out.

What was he shot with? Many M4 carbines have been set up with a 3 shot burst option instead of full auto. A single trigger pull fires 3 shots. That could easily explain this.

Our local police killed a suicidal teen several years ago who came at them with a big butcher knife. The officer only pulled the trigger of his M4 twice, but his gun fired six rounds.

In that incident people had also wondered why the young man had been shot so many times by the police, despite the fact that he had an 11 inch knife in his hand, and was only 20 feet from the officers and coming at them.

View attachment 244900

View attachment 244900
Ryan Salisbury was the kid, he worked for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top