Mateba Unica 6 .44 Magnum

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by HappyChemtrail, Mar 27, 2018.

1. HappyChemtrail

HappyChemtrail
    Bend, OR

Heya!

Here is my Mateba Unica 6 .44 Mag. These are very unique revolvers and super hard to find. When firing, the upper portion of the revolver slides back and rotates the cylinder. Also supposed to eat some recoil, but this gun has only had ~10 rounds through it so I couldn't tell you how much of a reduction. It's my favorite safe queen. With how rare these have gotten, curio and relics is probably the right place!

20180327_162219.jpg 20180327_162331.jpg 20180327_162310.jpg 20180327_162351.jpg

CLT65, Levetti, AMT and 6 others like this.
  2. CountryGent

CountryGent
    Southern Oregon
    Moderator Staff Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

Now that is a beauty. Those are very nice revolvers indeed. 'gratz. :)

3. HappyChemtrail

HappyChemtrail
    Bend, OR

Thanks! Been sitting in my safe for 20 years already! These retailed for about $600 in the 90s.

CountryGent likes this.
  4. tac

tac
    UK, Oregon and Ontario.
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I like it how you guys can have any gun you like to just 'put it away' for twenty years and then casually haul it out and say, hey, looky-here what I just found.....
    tac

5. HappyChemtrail

HappyChemtrail
    Bend, OR

LOL Just came back to these forums, so I figured I'd share.

6. tac

tac
    UK, Oregon and Ontario.

Over here, if you don't use it, you lose it.

tac

7. HappyChemtrail

HappyChemtrail
    Bend, OR

Over here meaning the UK?

Plenty of other guns to shoot in my safe, but there's 3 or 4 in there that never see sunlight!

8. Argonaut

Argonaut
    Weiser

Brits are the reason we got the second amendment (Canada and Australia didn’t)........we are not far from that time in our history and the test of time has proven our decisions to be pretty on the mark. Even my loyal Royalist relatives that came here in the early 1600’s took arms against them in the late 1700’s.

9. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Vendor Lifetime Supporter Bronze Supporter

Man you're lucky! I've always been a fan of those.

CountryGent likes this.
  10. Argonaut

Argonaut
    Weiser

Does anyone else think the web between the chambers looks really thin? I am sure it was an interesting engineering exercise, would look great in a 007 movie.......looks like an intricate design built to avoid other people’s patents.......after all the good ones (patents) were taken. I really like my Italian sports cars (2 Maserati’s and an Alfa Romero right now) but when time comes to get something done, I use one of my GMC truck’s or one of my Mercedes for simplicity and reliability.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  11. tac

tac
    UK, Oregon and Ontario.

I've only got nineteen Section 1 [Rifled] firearms, but one day I might have to prove that I actually shoot them all to the authorities - in some counties here they already check.

tac

12. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

That's what I was thinking when I first saw it.

I think it's butt ugly, like a Rhino. But that's me, and I've been accused of having NO taste, except in my mouth. Butt-hey, If someday that gun is worth $70,000.00, or something like that, good for you!

Argonaut likes this.
  13. HappyChemtrail

HappyChemtrail
    Bend, OR

LOL this revolver and the Rhino were designed by the same guy! He definitely had his own style.

Mikej likes this.