JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These now reside in my safe. Pretty guns, pretty price, and no, don't ask.

MTR-8 carbine without stock. Right now it's just a pistol. Eight shot .38.
Mateba_MTR-8_01.jpg

Mateba_MTR-8_02.jpg

Mateba_MTR-8_03.jpg

Mateba_MTR-8_04.jpg

Mateba_MTR-8_05.jpg

Mateba_MTR-8_06.jpg

Mateba_MTR-8_07.jpg

Mateba_MTR-8_08.jpg

6 Unica Sportiva Grifone. Six shot .44 magnum.

Mateba_Unica6_Grifone_03.jpg

Mateba_Unica6_Grifone_04.jpg

Mateba_Unica6_Grifone_05.jpg

Mateba_Unica6_Grifone_06.jpg

Mateba_Unica6_Grifone_07.jpg

Mateba_Unica6_Grifone_08.jpg

Mateba_Unica6_Grifone_01.jpg

Mateba_Unica6_Grifone_02.jpg

Very cool guns indeed.

BTW, the Mateba revolver is featured in the Japanese Anime TV and Movie Series GHOST IN A SHELL. You should check it out.

It is the favorite sidearm of Togusa: the only member of the Section 9 security team that still has an organic body and brain, with just small artificial enhancements.

1442478973-b1c5dd49c2b9d36e00e5b367cc44a4ae.jpe

The rest of the members of Section 9 have human ghosts inside their artificial bodies.

ghost_in_the_shell_character_concept_design_by_tataar-d87wspy.jpg

The deadliest member of Section 9 is easily the team's leader: The Major:

ghost_shell.jpg

ghost-in-the-shell.jpg

Last Edited:
Very cool and unique guns. I have never seen one before your pics. Leave it to the crazy Italians and stuff they design.
And leave it to Lance for messing up another thread with stuff to draw attention his way. Stupid Japanese cartoons.....really?

Very cool and unique guns. I have never seen one before your pics. Leave it to the crazy Italians and stuff they design.
And leave it to Lance for messing up another thread with stuff to draw attention his way. Stupid Japanese cartoons.....really?

If the OP is a fan of the Mateba, I thought that he would like to know about his revolver being featured in this Anime series. This is considered to be one of the best Sci-Fi Action Anime series in recent years. It certainly has been right at the top in terms of popularity and success.

If you don't want to know about this, I really don't care. I posted the info for the benefit of the OP, not you.

The Mateba is featured many times in both the GHOST IN THE SHELL movies and in the TV series too. It sees a lot of action:

500px-GITSSAC2NDGIG2008M1.jpg

Last Edited:
When grandkids are here and want to watch TV/program, I tell them "nothing Japanese". Not raciest, just don't like anime or Pokemon.

You need to realize that a lot of Japanese Anime is created for an adult audience, and is thus not meant at all to be appropriate for children. When dealing with Japanese Anime, one consequently has to be very selective. There is a fair amount of them that are created for children, but GHOST IN THE SHELL is most definitely not one of them. It is meant for an adult audience, and features very gratuitous violence and nudity.

If you want some good Anime for kids, consider some of the Studio Ghibli titles, which are distributed by Disney here in the USA. Movies like "MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO", "PONYO", "WHISPER OF THE HEART", AND "THE CAT RETURNS" would all be suitable for younger audiences.

"PRINCESS MONONOKE" is one of the best animated movies ever made. Anyone that enjoys quality animated movies should see it. Outstanding story line that is most magical. The US DVD/Blu Ray has an all star American cast doing the English voices. It has many scenes of war and violence, though, so it would not be appropriate for young children.

If the OP is a fan of the Mateba, I thought that he would like to know about his revolver being featured in this Anime series. This is considered to be one of the best Sci-Fi Action Anime series in recent years. It certainly has been right at the top in terms of popularity and success.

If you don't want to know about this, I really don't care. I posted the info for the benefit of the OP, not you.

The Mateba is featured many times in both the GHOST IN THE SHELL movies and in the TV series too. It sees a lot of action:

View attachment 305911

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH..............Stupid Japanese cartoons............a long stretch to try and tie in the OP's post and your dumb cartoon analogy.

You need to realize that a lot of Japanese Anime is created for an adult audience, and is thus not meant at all to be appropriate for children. When dealing with Japanese Anime, one consequently has to be very selective. There is a fair amount of them that are created for children, but GHOST IN THE SHELL is most definitely not one of them. It is meant for an adult audience, and features very gratuitous violence and nudity.

If you want some good Anime for kids, consider some of the Studio Ghibli titles, which are distributed by Disney here in the USA. Movies like "MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO", "PONYO", "WHISPER OF THE HEART", AND "THE CAT RETURNS" would all be suitable for younger audiences.

"PRINCESS MONONOKE" is one of the best animated movies ever made. Anyone that enjoys quality animated movies should see it. Outstanding story line that is most magical. The US DVD/Blu Ray has an all star American cast doing the English voices. It has many scenes of war and violence, though, so it would not be appropriate for young children.

We don't care if the dumb cartoons have won an academy award. Thanx for ruining another thread. Nice Job!

Disregard when I say it is my first Mateba. I meant to say first revolver, but I didn't want to redo it for one stupid slip.

I can't say that I know what the fix would be. However, there is contact information here for a gunsmith that works on these revolvers. Just thought I'd pass it along if by chance it helps.

I can't say that I know what the fix would be. However, there is contact information here for a gunsmith that works on these revolvers. Just thought I'd pass it along if by chance it helps.

Thanks. I am hoping for a fix I can do myself so I don't have to put more $$$ into it. I am VERRRRRRY broke right now o_O. I have a Korth appetite on a Jennings salary.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top