Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Masterpiece Arms Protector-380 Seecamp clone

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Bigfoot, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

They just started shipping these. Based on the old Autauga 32 which had a good reputation for quality IIRC.

$300, light, small, milled 4140 construction, lifetime warranty.

Production details: https://www.masterpiecearms.com/special-info.php

Product line: https://www.masterpiecearms.com/products.php?cat=39

The Security Store is listed as a dealer so I called them Friday. Fella didn't know anything about them and said that it would be a special order item.:confused: I asked him if he was a Masterpiece dealer so why the special order. He said to call back in a couple of hours and he would contact Masterpiece. I didn't call back.

Will anybody other than The Security Store carry these? I want a MPA380B and an extra magazine.

One third the price of a 380 Seecamp. Anyone else like the looks of these?

MPA380B L 4.4 H 3.3.jpg

2. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Looks like an Autauga MK II .32acp from a years ago, I think they went out of business 7-10 years ago. Basically a Seecamp clone, decent gun for the price back then.

For an extra $100 you could get a real Seecamp that will have much better resale value.

3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

I bought two NIB Seecamp 32s 15 years ago and paid $275 each. I still have mine, the other one went out the door with the she-devil.

I'd rather have a 380ACP though. More power, better ammo versatility and no possibility of rim-lock. I hope it stabilises the 380 Cor-Bon DPX load that equals a 9mm in expansion and penetration.

LWS380s go for $800 if you can find one since the waiting period is a couple of years. You have to get on a waiting list in order to qualify for another waiting list, seriously. The going rate has been above $1,100 for several years but recently the factory has been catching up to demand so they can be found for under a grand if you pound the auction sites.