JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope. Considered as a SBS due to it being built off of a shotgun. KAC mentioned it on silencertalk, if I remember correctly.

If you want to attach an 18"+ barreled shotgun yes it is legal. If your barrel is less then 18" then you either have an SBS or AOW depending on how it was built. While AOW is legal in WA as soon as you hang it under something with a stock it is now a SBS and SBS is illegal in WA.

Actually the Masterkey is consider a SBS even without a stock since it was a registered as a Remington 870 shotgun when KAC receives it and modifies it to become a "masterkey"..

They are an SBS, since we remanufacture them from Remington 870 Shotguns.

Military/Government Product Liaison
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780
1(321)607-9900 ext. 1365
[email protected]

Welcome to Knight's Armament Company, Rail Adapter Systems, Modular Accessories, Stoner Rifles, UNS

<broken link removed>

Too add on (assuming you didn't know), SBS are illegal in WA state, with or without tax stamp. Only exception is if your a FFL with a SOT or LEO (duty weapon) or military (gov't weapon).

BTW, it sounds like this is a cool thing to do, but I'd recommend dropping it unless you leave WA so you can get a tax stamp for the SBS. It's not worth committing a federal crime, go to jail, and lose your rights to own a weapon.

Besides.. I don't see a benefit to adding a heavy piece of metal to an AR-15. Weight really will slow you down, and wear you out faster.

Besides.. I don't see a benefit to adding a heavy piece of metal to an AR-15. Weight really will slow you down, and wear you out faster.

+1 This....

case in point; a M203 grenade launcher looks REALLY COOL (and is), its fun to shoot the launcher but man, its a beatch (after a while) to shoot the rifle portion of the weapon platform under a load/stress.

Thanks for the input, I have let my dream of having a masterkey fade away, but Ill find something else. Good point on the extra weight, Im sure it slows reaction time quite a bit. Think Ill look into getting a scabbard once I build my Winchester a little more.
Thanks again, Bob

Too add on (assuming you didn't know), SBS are illegal in WA state, with or without tax stamp. Only exception is if your a FFL with a SOT or LEO (duty weapon) or military (gov't weapon).

One other exception would be the grandfathered SBS, SBR and MG registered and in state prior to July 1994

"(3) It shall be an affirmative defense to a prosecution brought under this section that the machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle was acquired prior to July 1, 1994, and is possessed in compliance with federal law."

RCW 9.41.190: Unlawful firearms

One other exception would be the grandfathered SBS, SBR and MG registered and in state prior to July 1994

"(3) It shall be an affirmative defense to a prosecution brought under this section that the machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle was acquired prior to July 1, 1994, and is possessed in compliance with federal law."

RCW 9.41.190: Unlawful firearms

That only works if the OP already owns one of these. Since I am pretty sure the OP does not own one that is not an option for him either.

So i can tell the authorities that i have owned my sbs since i was in 3rd grade. Awesome.

Ed, a masterkey is a shotgun mounted under the barrel of a ar-15 or other rifle.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top