JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if anyone knows or knows of Master Gunsmith Grant Holly from Portland. I am trying to find information about him to assist in valuation of a rifle I have that was built by him? I could not find anything online about him, however the paperwork I have shows the gun was built in 1968. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

I never met Grant although he and my Father were good friends.
After the war when Dad was released from the Navy, he and Grant worked together sporterizing surplus A3-'03's, 30-40 Kraigs, Enfeilds and the like. My Dad was a machinist by trade and also carved some of the most beautiful rifle stocks from black walnut with laminated fore end's, raised cheek plate and inlet wood diamond shapes in the pistol grip butt, fore end and cheek plate.
If Dad were alive today he would be 90 years old. Dont know if Grant was older or younger.
Hopefully he is still up and kicking.
Im 53 now. I remember in 1977 or '78 Dad took me and my A3-03 sporterized Springfield to a gunsmith shop out in Canemah Oregon. I had never met him, dont know who it was but Dad knew the guy would have a part he needed for my rifle. That might be something to go on..........
Good luck.
PM sent to OP.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews