JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ouch. I had a place on a hillside many years ago and had a minor slide (not near the house). It's pretty amazing how fast it can happen.

I'll never buy/build near a hillside again.

There will be more of this. Happened in Seattle a few years back.
I saw the guy that owns Point Fosdick in Gig Harbor out in his back yard after 2 football fields of back yard dropped 10 feet. It was still 20 yards from his house,but had to make him uncomfortable.

The natural repose is 1 to 1. Easy math but you just have to wait till the earth decides to move it.

If you have an earthquake then the ground can flow like water and it'll be flatter than 1:1.

It may be a few hundred feet deep in the channel right there too.
Good earth quake and it could go back a couple hundred yards .

I don't feel real bad for the people,it kinda goes with the territory.That and flood plains. But those properties,if they do stay put,are pretty much worthless now.

But I'm from the camp that we shouldn't be paying out billions for natural disaster relief. Except the fact that we keep printing more money,how much should we pay to recover what Mother Nature is taking back?

I mean look at Katrina.
WTF?
Y'all build a city AT SEA LEVEL on SOFT EARTH on the shores of the biggest storm brewing body of water anywhere

And we are supposed to care when the storms lay waste?
We have 100 year floods every 10 years now,make those people move AWAY FROM THE FLOOD PLAIN instead of replacing their homes all the time.

The east coast? Rebuild it at your own cost. May be another storm on the way and destroy what WE have paid to rebuild.

OK I'm done

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top