JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And don't go forgetting about him after he surrenders his current position.
Oh he won't fade away that quickly. He was being groomed to replace Inslee until the latter chose to run for a third term. My guess is he's still on the back burner for next governor. Then you'll get him for 8 to 12 years.

Kevin-the-demon.png using-the-republicans.jpg

Oh he won't fade away that quickly. He was being groomed to replace Inslee until the latter chose to run for a third term. My guess is he's still on the back burner for next governor. Then you'll get him for 8 to 12 years.
Two pieces of dog sh*t I hope will fade from public employment forever.

Little anecdote. In 1996, I went to a "WACIC 2000" presentation by an official from Olympia. WACIC is the computerized criminal database (Washington Crime Information Center). To begin, he made it clear that "WACIC 2000" was not a state of the art computer system to be introduced for the new milennium. Rather, he explained it as a patchwork of band-aids intended to keep the decrepit existing system running until the year 2000.

Not much has changed.

Anyone ever have their back ground check expire? I called today to see if it's cleared and they informed I'm going through county so it's gonna take a lot longer but after 28 days it expires and I have to resubmit. Is that normal?

Anyone ever have their back ground check expire? I called today to see if it's cleared and they informed I'm going through county so it's gonna take a lot longer but after 28 days it expires and I have to resubmit. Is that normal?
The federal 4473 form expires after 30 and the process has to start over. CCSO is still down as far as I know, no approvals in over a week. We testified about this in the State Senate Law and Justice committee yesterday. Its a HUGE problem.

Humm....(Mr. Governor) looking for a solution to a perceived problem but still want to look like a Saint? Maybe, the solution can be found in Dr Fauci's notebook?

"Do ANYTHING to slow the spread."

Aloha, Mark

PS.....even lying won't hurt. Because.......
at_least_you_tried.jpg

Last Edited:
Heads up Washington - last night we were informed that the state has installed a new background check system for Law Enforcement Agencies to perform background checks for handguns and semi automatic rifles. It was supposed to be a ONE day installation cycle. We are quickly approaching a week where LE agencies have been totally UNABLE to process CPLs OR firearms checks.

This is the precursor to the State's new Single Point of Contact system that is supposed to be in place next year. This means that dealer will no longer do ANY NICS background checks at all and we'll be completely dependent on the state's system. So far, the states IT track record is abysmal.

A new DOL system a few years ago was an epic failure, didn't work and cost way more than it was supposed to. The State's Firearm Transfer system currently managed by the DOL is as stable as Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen on a double date at Pablo Escobar's place. For every ONE application we try to submit, we have to crash the system 2-3 times before it accepts the submission.

How did the State Unemployment office handle their IT issue with pandemic funding? They opened the flood gates to fraud and lost hundreds of millions of dollars. Anyone fired over that? Anyone promoted over that? (yup)

The DOL was tasked with developing a new system under 1639. They reached out to dealers for comments and feedback. We spent 3 hours with the DOL project team at our shop, discussing stability, efficiency, technology interface and security. They at least engaged the commercial market and wanted to service their clientele, you, the Washington citizens.

Under SB 2055 the single point of contact system was passed in the 2020 legislative session. They have a panel of 6 advisors, including one FFL and a citizen at large. The FFL selected has not reached out to any other FFL's that I'm aware of. I believe she is a buyer for a Big Box retailer, and not a shop operator. I was asked to join the States advisory board by several organizations, but was not selected. Perhaps that was a wise decision because I would have expected accountability, pushed for a system that was reliable, efficient and provided the fastest possible service for Washington citizens and the lowest amount of hassle for the FFLs.

I have shared this information with several state legislators, the NSSF, NRA and SAF. I will be testifying in a Senate Law and Justice meeting this Wednesday and will aggressively highlight this topic. Sharing the facts of the issue, how it can impact citizens rights, and endanger the safety and civil rights of Washingtonians.

So, if checks are taking longer than normal, now you know why. I'm sure its temporary, but the precedent set is a big one.

Have a great weekend, carry on.
This is a massive 2A infringement! The WSP software switch was June 2nd. It is now over 1/2 month and thousands of pistol and "assault rifle" transfers are in limbo in addition to CPL license issue/renewal. As of today...over 1000, just in Clark County WA.

Update to an earlier post on topic:

This appears to be an ongoing, massive 2A infringement in WA state. The WSP provides NICS data to Sheriff and Police Departments across the state during those agencies' processing of background checks for pistol, "assault rifle" and CPL approvals.

The WSP database was upgraded on June 2nd and has been "down" and unusable for Law Enforcement agencies since then. Most agencies have stopped issuing background check approvals to the FFL's as they cannot get the NICS data to complete their background checks. Per RCW 9.41.092 FFL's could release the firearms without the background check info, but few will do so.

From what I heard at the Clark County Sheriff's office today, over 1000 background checks are awaiting NICS data from WSP. I can only imagine the statewide number of citizens impacted by this bureaucratic SNAFU.

Sporting Systems posted about it on Saturday. Dan is one of the petitioners in the lawsuit against WA State infringements.

And,............................................
Here in Oregon, the O.S.P are slo-walking B.G.C's to the tune of somewhere between 100 and 400 per 24 hour period!! Noo hard facts as to the why of it, but it's strongly suspected the Gov'ness is up to here old tricks and has told the O.S.P. to do this, effectively forcing a mandatory waiting period against the citizens with out their consent!

This is a massive 2A infringement! The WSP software switch was June 2nd. It is now over 1/2 month and thousands of pistol and "assault rifle" transfers are in limbo in addition to CPL license issue/renewal. As of today...over 1000, just in Clark County WA.
Sadly this is what the gun owners as a whole want. They get what they keep voting for. "Rights" and "laws" mean nothing other than what those in power tell you they mean. Unless gun owners as a group decide to get off their hands and vote? They can enjoy this, they asked for it. Sadly the rest of us are stuck with it hoping some day most will wake up. :s0092:

Until the tree of liberty gets watered, tyrants, I mean, politicians won't care.

Update to an earlier post on topic:

This appears to be an ongoing, massive 2A infringement in WA state. The WSP provides NICS data to Sheriff and Police Departments across the state during those agencies' processing of background checks for pistol, "assault rifle" and CPL approvals.

The WSP database was upgraded on June 2nd and has been "down" and unusable for Law Enforcement agencies since then. Most agencies have stopped issuing background check approvals to the FFL's as they cannot get the NICS data to complete their background checks. Per RCW 9.41.092 FFL's could release the firearms without the background check info, but few will do so.

From what I heard at the Clark County Sheriff's office today, over 1000 background checks are awaiting NICS data from WSP. I can only imagine the statewide number of citizens impacted by this bureaucratic SNAFU.
I was just at Bass Pro in Tacoma and a woman was picking up her firearm. Waited a week and a half. So what's the real story?

State law allows an FFL to release the firearm after 10 business days, if local LEA hasn't ok'd transfer earlier. But, I am told there are federal implications that most FFL's don't want to mess with.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top