JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those were the days, when libraries had extra-beefy shelves to hold all those inscribed stone tablets!
He was doing the turtle, shooting from his back, way back when.. bless his heart. Now he can do an article, "I've fallen and am shooting you in the dick!".
Good times.

This is a classic.

image.jpg

Good info except the the glasses thing...he way over dramatized the body position using bifocals.

I've had progressive bifocals for many years, never had to ever get out of balance or in a whacked out position to shoot...me thinks he's getting a kickback for trying to sell something.

I've had progressive bifocals for many years, never had to ever get out of balance or in a whacked out position to shoot...me thinks he's getting a kickback for trying to sell something.
In the video he did "pimp" SSP eyewear in WA, so there's that….🤣

Good info except the the glasses thing...he way over dramatized the body position using bifocals.

In the video, he did "pimp" SSP eyewear in WA, so there's that…..🤣

Well, it's not realistic looking hairpieces that he's selling, THAT'S for sure!

So I had to test this progressive bifocal thing and agree he over dramatic-sized the issue. I was able to get a normal sight picture with a normal body position while tilting my head back/up a bit. Its a new head position but I think with training it would become muscle memory.

That said, I tested his tip on the SSP Eyewear. I turned my bifocals over and held on my nose with my off hand and hes right its super easy to get the front sight plane with the reading lens on the top. No change in body or head position it was fast and natural.

No idea if hes marketing for SSP Eyewear and, it doesn't matter. It worked as described so it could be an option for many who need progressive eyewear.

I am supposed to wear progressive bifocals...
But no matter what frame or lenses I have gotten ...the "transition" spot is always right where I need to see to focus on the sights.
So...they don't work for me when shooting....I just get my glasses for distance and call it good.

As for Massad Ayoob....
I agree with most of what he was said ...and I am not saying that he ain't worth listening too or reading...
It's more of how he says things , than what he says , that makes it difficult for me to read or listen to him.
Andy

So I had to test this progressive bifocal thing and agree he over dramatic-sized the issue. I was able to get a normal sight picture with a normal body position while tilting my head back/up a bit. Its a new head position but I think with training it would become muscle memory.

That said, I tested his tip on the SSP Eyewear. I turned my bifocals over and held on my nose with my off hand and hes right its super easy to get the front sight plane with the reading lens on the top. No change in body or head position it was fast and natural.

No idea if hes marketing for SSP Eyewear and, it doesn't matter. It worked as described so it could be an option for many who need progressive eyewear.
The problem with progressives was / is real for me. I like the suggestion about reversing the position of the correction; I may look into that. This was news to me upon reading this thread.

When I first got bifocals, the old style with the little windows, it drove me crazy. It happened years ago when I was still working, at a time when I was tasked with breaking a new guy. The new glasses were driving me crazy, I'm sure the newbie must've thought I'd gone around the bend. Shortly thereafter, I got the progressives and that eliminated a lot of the problems I was having. But not all that many with sighting firearms. That bit about moving your head around to get the clearest picture, that's real. I've learned to live with it but I'm not getting the clear picture I used to.

The idea of bifocal design dates back to when people were reading printed text. And tending to look down. I suppose people still look down when they are using a hand-held device. But if you're using a PC, you're actually looking upward somewhat. I tend to tilt my head upward anyway; so reversed progressive bifocals would be better for me all around, including driving.

True…. but that hairpiece though!
I shot that squirrel!

Seriously, I play up the "feeble old guy, hard of hearing, with a touch of dementia". I'll be 68 this month and none of those things are entirely true, or false. I can still dead lift a couple of hundred pounds, but not painlessly. My hearing is still pretty good, tinnitus is annoying and I just tune out people at times. According to various family members, I am still crazy after all these years, my mother had me tested.

My plan is to lull the bad guys into thinking I'm harmless, then......

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top