JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really enjoy Massad's video, but why does he wear a dead rat on his head?

Ok, I know, it's a toupee, but if he must wear one of these critters, for gawd's sake wear one that doesn't look like strap on dead critter...sheesh!

I took one of his lethal force classes, in conjunction with the Seattle Firearms Academy, 30 years ago. His instruction made me better to understand application of deadly force, carry and shooting techniques, as well as weapon and ammo choices. He is blessed with a vast firearms knowledge and we are lucky that he shares it with us, even if he makes a buck doing it.

Mr. Ayoob lost my attention (and respect) back in the mid '80s after spouting a bunch of BS ...

Could be worse...

xcfrr.jpg

4 X 4,

What did he have to say that came up short?

Don't carry Hollow Points or ...?

Thanks!

Appreciate you asking the question...it prompted my memory to recall my "Winter of discontent" actually occurring probably 91-92..

He penned a story regarding a "Friend" (NON-LEO), being involved in an altercation on the street somewhere....

So just the cliff notes here....

"Friend" in "Corvette" gets shot at by hoodlums in another car...don't remember the reason????
"Friend" in "Corvette" then engages hoodlums in high speed pursuit through neighborhood's exchanging gunfire???? WTF? OVER?

Hoodlums intercepted and stopped by local PD....

According to Mas's story, "Friend" in "Corvette" was supposedly allowed to "Cuff & Stuff" the felony offenders....What a load of horsebubblegum.. And if it was true, piss on the LEO's that let said "Friend" walk away after throwing bullets at a fleeing car in a residential neighborhood.

I ceased subscribing to every gun rag after that..

IMHO
In 40+ years of multiple monthly articles, there are bound to be a few writings that we may each find are off the rails for us individually. Respect to each if they choose not to follow anyone. For me, I've just witnessed much of his teaching to be spot on in a very complex subject that unfortunately many who carry guns chose not to educate themselves in (not implying anyone here at all). But nearly all my hair is gone or gray from hearing people who carry use the, "Better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6" mentality as their post shooting preparation.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top