JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a violation of the US Constitution in not one, but two places. Ex post facto is such a heinous practice the Constitution brings it up twice. Think about that for a second. How many other things are specifically brought up more than once?

US Constitution Article 1 Section 9: "...No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed...."

US Constitution Article 1 Section 10: "No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility."

Except that is not what they are "doing"... They are classifying bump stocks and crank triggers as machine guns and as such, they are under the same rules as machine guns. And since its a machine gun and cant be registered as per the Hughes amendment you have an illegal item. Their argument is these things have been machine guns all along and we just didn't know it, They have always been illegal and were only sold because we didn't know they were machine guns.

The example I would give is DIAS... You have something that was legal until they decided it was a machine gun.... Now its illegal and you best not have one. Same basic thing.

Do I agree with it? No... Of course not. Its bat crap crazy and has no basis in reality

But that is how they will get around a Constitutional argument.

Except that is not what they are "doing"... They are classifying bump stocks and crank triggers as machine guns and as such, they are under the same rules as machine guns. And since its a machine gun and cant be registered as per the Hughes amendment you have an illegal item. Their argument is these things have been machine guns all along and we just didn't know it, They have always been illegal and were only sold because we didn't know they were machine guns.

The example I would give is DIAS... You have something that was legal until they decided it was a machine gun.... Now its illegal and you best not have one. Same basic thing.

Do I agree with it? No... Of course not. Its bat crap crazy and has no basis in reality

But that is how they will get around a Constitutional argument.

Except that the BATFE ruled several times that they were not NFA items per existing law. Existing items have to be grandfathered in or the Constitution has been violated. Even when the NFA was passed existing machine guns and supressors were not confiscated, only new ones had to be controlled.

Except that the BATFE ruled several times that they were not NFA items per existing law. Existing items have to be grandfathered in or the Constitution has been violated. Even when the NFA was passed existing machine guns and supressors were not confiscated, only new ones had to be controlled.
This^^^^

But as we all know from the previous administrations behaviors, the Constitution is only an antique, outdated and irrelevant document...:eek:

Honestly, all those who want to go after the slide/bump stock technology and better trigger, I hope they get a sh!tstorm to end all sh!tstorms...

Republicans hold power at the federal level, if they cave, clean 'em out and replace them with constitutionalists...

It high time for conservatives and constitutionalists to take this country back...

Dang, I'm cranky and need my caffeine!!!

I would have to believe this is going to be challenged in the courts - and, if some of those new appointments that the damn Senate has been sitting on get through, there's a chance this will get shot down for the B.S. unconstitutional crapfest it is.

I can't believe how many Americans are okay with this stuff. I never thought I'd see the day that we become like places such as Communist Russia, China, Cuba, Iran, etc. - yet many Americans seem to be just fine allowing laws to be passed that will lead to their fellow Americans being imprisoned for exercising a Constitutional right. WTF has this country become? The one country on the planet that actually believed in the freedom of it's citizens has turned it's back on it's roots. We certainly are headed in the wrong direction, something the founders warned us about.

Last Edited:
A3ZM3hK.jpg

It has nothing to do with the BATF.... The state just declared it a machine gun. States law trumps national law when it comes to firearms. At least as far as the state enforcement is concerned

Again.... I am not saying I agree with it. I am just telling you how I think it will get done.

The law will stand until there is a lawsuit and it gets taken to the supreme court and struck down as BS... And only then if we have good, rational folks on the supreme court at the time

This is the whole problem with our judicial system. Laws should not have to be put down, if there is a chance they will be, they should not be enacted in the 1st place.

This is the whole problem with our judicial system. Laws should not have to be put down, if there is a chance they will be, they should not be enacted in the 1st place.

I disagree. The whole "checks and balances" method allows for maximum freedom while ensuring unconstitutional laws get challenged. The last thing you want from a liberty standpoint is a system where some laws cannot even be proposed.

With liberty comes great responsibility.

This is totally off-topic, but a little-known fact is that the USofA is already on the metric system. At least, technically.

Okay, back to our regular programming schedule...

Absolutely - a system based on the ever changing (diurnal as well as annual) distance from the Equator to the North Pole is far superior than one based upon the length of a barley corn.

We'll see how the courts react!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top