JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If a person carrying a concealed gun attempted to stop a mass shooting, and in the process harmed someone else, these same folks would be the first to crucify him for recklessness.

It's a shame that legal and lawsuit risks are so high for attempting to stop a shooter - even though the risks to everybody in NOT stopping the shooter are vastly greater. It's just a fact that the government protection racket does not like any competition. No wonder those who carry do it to protect their own, and everybody else can suck the hind tit as far as they are concerned.

Old thread I know ...
Speaking only for myself here and not saying that everyone needs to do as I do.
But I may or may not engage the shooter depending a number of factors:
If I get a clear shot.
Is the shooter nearby?
Do I know the number of shooters?
Do I have a clear avenue of escape?
Am I alone or with family?
Are there elderly or disabled folks who need assistance?
If I engage the shooter , will I make things worse?
These are just a few of my thoughts "off the top of my head" so to speak.

I tend to observe and assess before acting in almost any situation.
So what I do will be based on my given set of circumstances in a situation.

Will a armed populace prevent mass shootings or even be a help in a mass shooting?
Maybe.
It might depend more on the nature of the shooter and his motivation , then nature of you the concealed carrier.

I have no issue with those who carry.
If you carry responsibly and engage a shooter with the appropriate measures in your given set of circumstances at that time.
It may be best to shoot or break contact.
You will need to decide then and there.
Plus you will have to understand the you will be "armchaired quarterbacked" by everyone who hears of the event.
Andy

Wasn't the clackamass mall shooting a few years ago stopped by a CC'er?

My memory of the outcome was that once the guy with the rifle was confronted with force he turned around and killed himself.

I could be wrong though.

I'm with Andy mostly. Too many what if's.

It's been proven over and over that there is no way to draw on a gun pointed at you and win so you would have to bide your time and wait for a safe time to draw and shoot.

I'd like to also add that if just about everyone was carrying then my hypothesis is that we would have much more polite drivers on the road then we do today:D:rolleyes:

Liberals; always looking for a surrogate.

How does a CC permit require the holder to do anything other than decide to practice self defense (or not)?

Can't say for sure that I would help "everyone" any more.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top