JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As more data comes to light it sounds more like a typical workplace violence or schoolyard mass shooting type of deal. Him being muslim seems to have been the reason he was harassed before he snapped but it could have just as easily been another form of harassment. Even so, the betrayal by a fellow soldier is one of the most heinous acts that I can think of regardless of the perceived provocation or harassment. :(

I hope nobody gets offended by this question and you can remove it if you feel its inappropriate, but does anyone here think muslims should be allowd in our military or perhaps they are a threat to our nation's security? This guy was trusted and had inside knowledge and took advantage of the situation. I mean since we are fighting muslims, I know many have had lot of hatred towards US and our military and perhaps it is too much of a threat at the present time to have them in our military, seeing what happen today.

Good point. But, on the other hand, we had Germans, Italians & Japanese americans fighting in all branches of our military in WWII.

But, I feel Muslin's are a little different in their thinking and loyalties. For example, when have you ever heard of a Muslin "community" formally speak out against Muslim terrorist activities?

As more data comes to light it sounds more like a typical workplace violence or schoolyard mass shooting type of deal. Him being muslim seems to have been the reason he was harassed before he snapped but it could have just as easily been another form of harassment. Even so, the betrayal by a fellow soldier is one of the most heinous acts that I can think of regardless of the perceived provocation or harassment. :(

Can you prove that him and the other two shooters were harrased? It seemed to be well planned this attack.. Killing twelve shooters and wounding 30+ some others is hardly some angry outburst. This was a very effective slaughter, by someone who was well trained.

Sorry, if I disagree, but I believe this was premeditated. And he, didnt act alone, he had two accomplices. So, perhaps he was angry at being harassed and two others came to his aid, cause they were also angry he was harassed? I don't buy it!

Anyone can betray their country. How about Benedict Arnold? How about McVeigh? He was a veteran.

Apples and oranges here. Benedict Arnold was a genuine "traitor" in the sense that he gave military secrets to the enemy. He did not kill innocent civilians.

McVeigh's actions were as a civilian. His actions really had nothing to do with the fact that he had once been a soldier.

For that matter, Lee Harvey Oswald and Charles Whitman, etc. had both been in the Marines, but their criminal acts had nothing to do with their military service.

I'd like to observe that in the case of the Fort Hood terrorist, this is the second case of a Muslim soldier carrying out a terrorist attack on his fellow soldiers (Hasan Akbar's fragging attacks in 2003 was the first). I imagine once it gets to four or five, people may think differently.

Him being muslim seems to have been the reason he was harassed before he snapped but it could have just as easily been another form of harassment.

I haven't read about him being harassed. Hard to imagine a Major being harassed much.

Good point. But, on the other hand, we had Germans, Italians & Japanese americans fighting in all branches of our military in WWII.

What about Japanese American internment camps? I think only Japanese Americans living in Hawaii escaped that fate during WWII.

I haven't seen anything that said there was more than one shooter, though there could have been and I don't think officials are ruling anything out.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts
Two other soldiers were taken into custody after the shooting. Rep. John Carter, R-Texas, said they were released, but later in the day law enforcement officials told Carter that another person had been detained for questioning.

msnbc isn't my favorite source, btw. It's just where I seem to find the most info.

elsie

No one grabbed a rifle and put the shooters down?

That's tough to do on a military base. Private weapons are extremely regulated. Barracks personnel have to keep them in the arms room with the G.I. weapons & it can be a tedious and annoying process to retrieve them. Nearly impossible on quick notice. Unless things have changed drastically since I ETS'd a few years back, almost nobody has quick access to arms & ammo at a stateside facility other than troops at the firing range & MP's. There was a shooting incident at Ft. Bragg sometime around '93. Some wackjob was sniping at personnel from a position between Ardennes Road. Unarmed Green Berets shut him down shortly thereafter.

What about Japanese American internment camps? I think only Japanese Americans living in Hawaii escaped that fate during WWII.

Not true. Without going into a WWII era history lesson - my point is that Japanese Americans did serve in the US Military....for one example: the 442nd Regimental Combat Team.

Private weapons are extremely regulated. Barracks personnel have to keep them in the arms room with the G.I. weapons & it can be a tedious and annoying process to retrieve them.

True, but this guy was a major. If he had housing on post (not in the barracks), he would have been able to keep his weapons there. My brother is stationed in Louisiana, and when I go down to see him we shoot at the range on post, and he has gone on post to hunt pigs a few times. Every time he goes on post he just tells the MPs at the gate that he has guns in the truck, and it's never been an issue.

I just read he, Major Nidal Malik Hasan, was the lone shooter, he was facing his FIRST deployment and he was a DR. Not just a medical Dr. but a freaking psychiatrist. His job was to help soldiers deal with the horrible acts of war. Anyway, he was merely wounded by a police officer that appears to have been reported as also killed but only wounded. It appears that he will live. I hope that he isn't able to commit suicide and we can learn from what he did. I want him to die in the gas chamber or something like that.

True, but this guy was a major. If he had housing on post (not in the barracks), he would have been able to keep his weapons there. My brother is stationed in Louisiana, and when I go down to see him we shoot at the range on post, and he has gone on post to hunt pigs a few times. Every time he goes on post he just tells the MPs at the gate that he has guns in the truck, and it's never been an issue.

Another issue of gun control. You keep the guns away from those that can stop attacks and more people die. I am willing to bet every soldier that died would have been willing to kill this terrorist had they been allowed to be armed. It is no different than not allowing an EMT to have an ambulance.

Unlike AMericans who have to keep the truth shut to do with anything criticizing anything Islamic, the European news source have revealed the full deatils of the shooter:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...12-killed-shooting-rampage-U-S-army-base.html

IT turns out he was very anti-American, against the war in Afghansitan and Iraq and would celebrate when he heard stories of Americans killed by SUicide bombers. He is a Jordanian-American, his family is from Jordan, but he is from USA. His rampage was triggered by the fact he knew he would have to go to Iraq and fight the Islamic terrorists he loved. He planned accordingly and the attack he carried out was well orchestrated. For anyone who wants to bash our American soldier and say how bad all the soldiers treated him, I think you may want to removed your blindfold and examine the details a bit more. THe man was a Major , for cryign out loud, he probably did most of the badmouthing to our own loyal soldiers, who risked their lives for this country.

He also survived the gun fight.. I hope they hang him real high.. Too bad we cannot behead him on TV, the way they do it to our people. THen again beheading is honorable int heir belief system, lets find an alternative way of execution so him and others know how we feel.

I know I cannot say anything here against a group or race, but I think our soldiers will have a hard time trusting Muslim soldiers in our military thanks to this event.

What would George Washington think about this guy and all the other jihadists burning American flags and chanting death to our country right in our own cities. I know we have to remain gentleman and not be critical of other groups, but they don't have the same belief system about us.

So, I ask you: "What was your VERY FIRST THOUGHT?"

Some poor b*stard with PTSD

Too early to know really.

Tragedy all around.

and please, oh please....

I hear people on this site and other gun sites defending the right to bear arms by saying that the holocaust would have never happened if the jews were armed. (some were, some fought)

The holocaust would not have happened if the german people saw jews as people. There was a scapegoating of a religion, they were made into subhumans. They were an outlet for an angry group of people.

Please keep this in mind when you put down muslims.

I am not asking anyone to "celebrate diversity"

I am just asking people to think, respect, and leave people alone.

Yes, this guy killed people, and that's why we have courts.

The worst of a religious community should not define a religious community.

The reports on this guy indicate that he is a military treating psychiatrist from Walter Reed who has an established history of lecturing his Muslim faith and later, advocating that Muslims should fight back the American's from the middle east. It has been reported that 41 civilian or military were either injured or dead. It has been reported that he may be a sole gun man who did not use US military handguns. The doctor had been investigated by either the FBI or military intelligence officers and give a pass by--but he was on somebodies radar screen.

Several questions are important. It has been remarked that he was a sole gunman who shot 41 persons but the claim is questionable consideration that he was not likely that highly trained.

The second issues is the "white wash" from the powers back east. No doubt there was a paper trail of red flags on this guy and no intervention was administered?

So, what do you think. 41 persons shot, some dead, do you think one person could do so on a military base? Or, was there a second gunman. Or, was this another JFK redo and the second gunman was never found?

Hopefully, the journalists will dig deep into this one and not let one stone be unturned.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top