JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The latest article says he had a handgun and swapped mags a couple times. More than likely he had 10 round mags and just reloaded a couple time.

CA will probably go to a single shot rule now.

Thoughts and prayers to all the victims and the families affected by this tragic event. :(

This does go to show that gun control is not the answer. If people want to do horrible things they will find a way. This country needs to wake up and realize that! :rolleyes:

It's terrorism, plain and simple. It's no different than the OKC bombing or the Boston Marathon Bombing.

I'm not some kind of a religious zealot, but it's plain to me a huge swath of people are now morally bankrupt and have no love of their neighbors or communities anymore.

Man, country concert, country bar, multiple churches.

Its about time for country folk to wake up and realize we are a target now. That shotgun in the closet at home doesn't keep you safe.

We All need a pistol on us 24/7! No matter the laws! A loaded gun concealed in CA is only a misdemeanor.

Perp was wielding a Glock 21 with an extended magazine according to the Ventura County Sheriff...

He was a 28 or 29 year old former Marine, known to the sheriffs department, had a mental health crisis back in April...

That's what came from the 8:00 AM sheriffs briefing, perp has been identified, but I refuse to use his name. We'll just refer to him as "John Doe Sicko"

Horrible tragedy by another piece of human scum. Prayers and condolences to the family of the officer killed when he tried to stop the shooter and to the other victims in the bar. I sincerely hope the press doesn't give this lowlife any airtime. No need to encourage others who are seeking that 15 minutes of fame while going out in a blaze of glory.

Let's stick with John "Human Skid Mark" Doe as the name of the shooter. No glory. No fame. No Name.

Retired USMC, multiple run ins with the law. Last time he was tearing up his house in April. They did not have enough to hold him for a psych eval. .45 extended mag. Used smoke to conceal his movements. Office ran in and was hit right away. Seems gunman took his own life. CHP was next on sceen pulled hit officer out. When they re entered gun man was dead.

Horrible tragedy by another piece of human scum. Prayers and condolences to the family of the officer killed when he tried to stop the shooter and to the other victims in the bar. I sincerely hope the press doesn't give this lowlife any airtime. No need to encourage others who are seeking that 15 minutes of fame while going out in a blaze of glory.

Let's stick with John "Human Skid Mark" Doe as the name of the shooter. No glory. No fame. No Name.

They named it, I wont use it here though.

Retired USMC, multiple run ins with the law. Last time he was tearing up his house in April. They did not have enough to hold him for a psych eval. .45 extended mag. Used smoke to conceal his movements. Office ran in and was hit right away. Seems gunman took his own life. CHP was next on sceen pulled hit officer out. When they re entered gun man was dead.

Multiple run ins with the law doesn't mean someone is going to be a mass shooter.

Some of us have problems with authority....

Horrible tragedy by another piece of human scum.

Here in lies the problem. Was he always this way? At one point he was a United States Marine!

When do we call this a mental health issue and support our veterans and get them and others the help they need instead of always blaming the gun?o_O

The latest article says he had a handgun and swapped mags a couple times. More than likely he had 10 round mags and just reloaded a couple time.

CA will probably go to a single shot rule now.
The article I read said he had an extended magazine which is obviously illegal in California. How he got it we don't know. The fact is it's looking rough out there right now and their solution is to just blanket take every gun from every law-abiding owner. That's the only way they think that we can solve this. And obviously that solution is garbage

I also saw that this was a country bar and that it was a local Lutheran College that most frequently patronize the bar. So... Can we infer the most of the victims were white, middle class, Christians? Could this be considered a hate crime? And who was the guy on a political level?

The article I read said he had an extended magazine which is obviously illegal in California. How he got it we don't know. The fact is it's looking rough out there right now and their solution is to just blanket take every gun from every law-abiding owner. That's the only way they think that we can solve this. And obviously that solution is garbage

They only banned them a few years ago. Most my friends from CA still gave large amounts of them as they stocked up before the ban. Also, I believe the law forcing you to turn them in was ruled unconstitutional. Which I believe is the right ruling as the government cannot take your legally purchased property.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top