JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What maroons!

Then of course there is felipe! :oops:

IMG_0699.PNG

Last Edited:
Not too much to add here , other than to echo the statements of Stupid...Wow! and WTH?!

I do like the question posed by albin25 in post #14.
Are these guys for "real gun owners?"
Or plants Agents provocateur so to speak?

One big problem when sh!t like this happens is the many anti gunners do indeed believe the this is how normal gun owners act.
Nothing will convince them that millions of gun owners would never use their guns illegally or in a threatening manner.

*SIGH*
Andy

The individual who posted the vid to youTube is a social justice warrior troll. His channel is full of race baiting, anti-police videos. Don't watch his videos, you'll only encourage him and make his bs more popular. Link to his channel: Felipe Hemming

:s0097:

Be advised that I already did a little poking around - yes the video was posted on his YT channel, but I found it on Bearing Arms, it's also posted on several news sites who are confirming the story. It was noted the video was originally posted on Reddit, I'm guessing the guy on YT saw it and just shared it on his channel. As for the actual incident, here are some comments from the police and Michigan Open Carry, Inc.:

"I find this behavior totally unacceptable and irresponsible," Police Chief Ronald Haddad said in a statement Monday afternoon. "This is not a 2nd Amendment issue for me. We had members of the public in our lobby that fled in fear for their safety as these men entered our building."

"Let us be clear, Michigan Open Carry Inc. in no way supports the actions of these individuals," Lambert said. "It is our belief that their actions were reckless and primarily designed to draw attention and a response."

And a quote from one of the two arrested:

Baker. 24, of Leonard couldn't be reached for comment Monday, but Vreeland told the Free Press that both men are legal gun owners and Michigan law allows them to carry their weapons openly. Vreeland, 40, of Jackson said he left his own rifle in his car before walking into the police station.

"We audit police to see how well they honor the Constitution and people's rights," said Vreeland, who was free after posting $1,500 bond late Sunday night. "We showcase police abuse and abuse of police power in the totalitarian police state that we live in."

Vreeland said he and Baker went to the police station to complain about Dearborn officers stopping them earlier in the day.

"No laws were broken," he said. "If we had to defend ourselves in a gun battle, I'd rather be armed."

Considering we've seen folks, on the 2A side, bait the police - YT is filled with their videos, I am leaning toward these guys being 2A folks, but extreme ones. Could they be a Dem plant? Sure, they could, but who would be willing to risk getting shot to make a point against the other side? Sounds like these are just two morons that enjoy messing with the cops and putting themselves in stupid situations to try and make a point - all the while making things more difficult for the rest of us.

Link for the quotes: Gun advocates arrested carrying rifle into Dearborn police station

Other links to the story:

Armed men in tactical vests arrested at Dearborn PD

Heavily armed men enter Dearborn Police station to file complaint

Not too much to add here , other than to echo the statements of Stupid...Wow! and WTH?!

I do like the question posed by albin25 in post #14.
Are these guys for "real gun owners?"
Or plants Agents provocateur so to speak?

One big problem when sh!t like this happens is the many anti gunners do indeed believe the this is how normal gun owners act.
Nothing will convince them that millions of gun owners would never use their guns illegally or in a threatening manner.

*SIGH*
Andy

I think they are real gun owners, but fall into that unfortunate category of those that think exercising your 2A rights means shoving it in people's faces, and do so by pulling stunts like this, baiting the cops to see how far they can cross the line. It is speculation of course, but having read half a dozen articles on this now, I get the impression that these guys enjoy doing stuff like this. While I would rarely advocate for it, I think dumb sh!ts like these deserve to lose their right to own guns - they are going to get themselves or someone else, killed.

About the best we can do is to stand up as a community of gun owners and publicly and unanimously condemn people that do this crap - they don't represent the rest of us.

About the best we can do is to stand up as a community of gun owners and publicly and unanimously condemn people that do this crap - they don't represent the rest of us.

Great post as usual etrain!
And yep ... I think you are right.. they are "real gun owners" ... Just bad ones.
I like your closing statement.
I think it ties in nicely with my:

"One big problem when sh!t like this happens is that many anti gunners do indeed believe that this how normal gun owners act.
Nothing will convince them that millions of gun owners would never use their guns in illegally or in a threatening manner."

Andy

Great post as usual etrain!
I like your closing statement.
I think it ties in nicely with my:
"One big problem when h!t like this happens is that many anti gunners do indeed believe that this how normal gun owners act.
Nothing will convince them that millions of gun owners would never use their guns in illegally or in a threatening manner."

Andy

Thank you.

It is the somewhat unfortunate side-effect of having these types of liberty/freedom. There will always be some in the fringe that see liberty as a reason to exercise it to excess, and to the detriment of others. These types don't care about what impact their actions have on others, short term or long term, they want attention, that's really all it is. The same could be said for those that abuse the 1st amendment, any liberty, taken to the extreme can cease to be liberty and become a burden to others, possibly costing others their liberty in the process. It is frustrating that some folks simply can't exercise some restraint and keep certain things to themselves. Imposing your views on someone in the way these two did isn't liberty, it's really more like tyranny, the very thing they claim to be fighting. I think any rational person would know that walking into a police station, hooded with a rifle at the ready is going to induce panic and fear - and that is something they have no right to do.

I will say this - the 2A community is usually pretty good about condemning stuff like this. I can't say as much for those involved in the riots that are tearing cities and campuses apart in the past few months - strangely silent on their side.

I think they are real gun owners, but fall into that unfortunate category of those that think exercising your 2A rights means shoving it in people's faces, and do so by pulling stunts like this, baiting the cops to see how far they can cross the line. It is speculation of course, but having read half a dozen articles on this now, I get the impression that these guys enjoy doing stuff like this. While I would rarely advocate for it, I think dumb sh!ts like these deserve to lose their right to own guns - they are going to get themselves or someone else, killed.

I would fully support them NEVER being able to own a gun again. They are a danger to themselves and the public.

I would hate to believe these schmucks are trying to help w gun rights. I hope they get flooded w idiot reminders from responsible gun owners. Could anyone really be that stupid ? Never mind. :(

I still don't buy that they are legit gun owners. Anyway, pretty sure they're not anymore. When I see the black bandanna on the face, it screams leftist rioter to me.

I would hate to believe these schmucks are trying to help w gun rights. I hope they get flooded w idiot reminders from responsible gun owners. Could anyone really be that stupid ? Never mind. :(
It's really crazy what people will do for "clicks"/likes, yada.
Often they're simply selling their souls doing degrading or shocking things trying to build up their "brand" recognition to benefit monetarily.. ultimately. And if not, it's to further their chosen cause of the day. A lot of people are true believers in their cause and will literally cut their own balls off or murder their own children if they think their arbitrary or imaginary leader wishes it.
people.. yay

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top