Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Masada??

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by telemakos, Sep 23, 2009.

1. telemakos

telemakos Portland Member

What do you know about the Masada and it's ? impending ? availability??

I've read some of the tech specs, it looks good, but when can we trade some gold for it??

2. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Probably beginning of next year, you can get them but its a long wait and I think 2900

3. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

4. gunjunky

gunjunky Arlington, WA Active Member

I think they are saying $1500 for the Bushmaster (civilian) version and Remington is making the military rifle. However I would not count on seing one until they are done trying to get the military contract, that may or may not exsist.

5. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

It's Magpul engineering it. I wouldn't count on any date they say (based on past performance).

6. doobee8

doobee8 Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Very disappointing is the elimination of the 7.62x39mm option. 6.8mm and 6.5mm will be long gone before I hit the grave and there will still be a world of 7.62x39ammo left when those two calibers fade into oblivion.

FUTURE WEAPONS talked about having it because it has more lethality and ability to operate in enemy territory w/o ammo resupply issues or leaving the signature 5.56 cases around. I like the AK round but I would like to have something that shoots it more accurately than an AK but with more reliability than the AR system. I will not consider buying this any longer. I might have to look into the XCR for now.

7. telemakos

telemakos Portland Member

Thanks all, this is exactly the conversation I was wanting. The XCR seems to offer (both 5.56 and 7.62) the functionality I was looking for. Northwest Firearms is the best!!